Shopify STILL hasn't taken down a scam site that ripped off my entire site after filing several DMCA

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
If you have been a victim of a scam site hosted on there server I encourage you to report them and the store to the Canadian Government as shopifity does not Care we have been ripped off.

Here is a link to report them.

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/victim-victime/index-eng.htm
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
I ordered off of fitined.com and got an order confirmation but still no email of it shipping. Tried calling the number and it isn't a working number.....scam site???
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
While i have never heard of that website, it sure looks like a scam to me.
i ordered from a scam website similar to this. however, i eventually did
receive a shipping email saying that they had shipped it. I ordered the
item (the website is called sissylooks.com, and has recently been taken
down as a scam) on dec 17 and they sent me a tracking app to track it. it
had been two weeks and it hadn't left the carrier and i was thinking i
would never get it because when i ordered the item it said it would arrive
within 2 days! on the website there was an address saying the company was
based in IL. but when i reported them to paypal they realized they were
based in hong kong.
surprisingly, i did receive an item from them about a week ago. however, (i
had ordered shoes) they were not the right shoe or size. it was a
completely different pair than i had ordered! at that point, i had already
reported to paypal and got my money back so i wasn't too upset. i recommend
trying to contact the seller. i tried multiple times to contact the seller
on sissylooks.com but NEVER got a reply. this is the reason paypal gave me
my money back. because the seller never communicated with me.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Okay thank you. I paid with debit card. How do I get my money back if they wont answer me either? I spent 45 dollars! Doesnt seem like a whole lot but could really use it in gas!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Call your bank and explain that you think the site is a scam. They will open an investigation and can do a chargeback. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
Thank you!!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
102 8 21

The Thing on this is that you need to understand the legalities of this.  And how DMCA Works.  They are following the Law, as setup around the world through multiple treaties.  DMCA states that if you complain about it, they are Required to take it down.  However after a Set amount of time they are required by law to let them put it back up.  You are Required during that Down time to deal with the legal side of things.

According to https://www.dmcaagentservice.com/dmca-compliance-procedure-for-sites-and-apps/ you have to file a law suit within 10 days, or they are allowed to republish.  It literally turns into a He said, she said otherwise where both people claim to be the owner.

Now from a Fraud Perspective, if Shopify gets Complaints from people who are buying from the site, with order numbers, saying they are not getting their orders [and after what is considered a respectable amount of time to take shipping into account], they will start a Fraud investigation (as opposed to DMCA Copywrite).  This will then look at getting the User Banned and seeing if they can prevent the user from using the whole service including an Auto Ban on any new account that looks like its setup by the same people.

But it comes down to legality.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
I was ripped off as well... people need to sound the alarm on "Shopify" platform...it is a horrible place ... Because it's Obviously a platform for thieves as well. After my experience I'll have nothing to do with Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 4

This really sounds stressful!

Been through this a lot and invested money but ended up other stores are benefitting from it. I came across this UNIQUE app, and it is very cool. It detects other stores that uses my brand's images and contents.. It automatically sends a notification and you have the option to remove these by yourself. Saves time in responding to DCMA counter-notices.

Try it. they have a free trial. https://apps.shopify.com/unique-anti-theft#reviews

1 Like