Shopify Shipping labels now with Shopify's logo on them?

CrisInMiami
Tourist
5 0 13

We noticed that starting this week a new update was pushed that on Shopify Shipping makes all purchased shipping labels to come up now with a Shopify logo displaying on them.

We don't like this update at all. We feel it's invasive for the brand experience offered to our store's customers and we'd like to request if this can be removed, or at least to make it optional for stores to accept or not to have a "Shopify" logo displayed on their labels, and provide controls in admin to be able to choose to remove the Shopify logo from the labels, if desired.

Or at least make the "Shopify" logo to appear a bit more subtle, like Endicia, or Ship Station, or stamps.com do when you purchase any labels though them. In this case, the Shopify logo was placed there at total eye-sore inducing levels.

Please, advise if there are any other channels to escalate this for Shopify's consideration.

Thank you.

Shipping label.png

Replies 17 (17)

Christineyb
Visitor
1 0 6

Echo! Shopify should offer an option to remove the Logo on the shipping label. Does anyone know how to remove the Shopify logo on the shipping label? Thanks! 

JoeVerdi
Tourist
4 0 6

Add us to the list - we pay for a Shopify subscription and it's inappropriate for Shopify to tack free advertising for itself onto our sales efforts. This was never something we agreed to and this needs to be removed. I am cutting that portion of the label off with scissors and infuriated about having to take the time.

Richard_Sprowl
Tourist
4 0 8

Yep. Shopify told me to pound sand after multiple tickets. I use a sharpie. How about adding our own logo and support ours brands like we pay you. Their app is invasive branding too so I opted out of it. Customers can track shipping without it. Shopify is trying to create an Amazon like ecosystem marketplace instead of sticking to their roots supporting independent e-commerce sites. New live view sucks. Can't get them on the phone like the old days (they were virtual before pandemic so no excuse there). One of my favorite companies is losing my love and respect.

cmart720
Tourist
6 0 28

Just started for me, too. Completely arrogant. I wish Shopify would instead spend their time actually developing some features.

nathanaa
Tourist
7 0 7

Agree. Completely inappropriate to force their advertising on our orders for a paid product. Shopify isn't a branded marketplace like Etsy - this is an ecommerce platform meant to run our business. If anyone's logo should be on the label it should be our own. Is my accounting software going to start advertising to my customers too?

Mechett1
Visitor
1 0 1

My labels have the Shopify AND new Shop app logo on them! 😞 It's like a whole commercial. It is only on the USPS labels, not UPS.

5CA517FB-079F-4172-AF2A-AA7F5C2FD70D.jpg

Fred_Nexgen
Visitor
1 0 0

A good idea would be to have some sticker of your logo created and just stick 'em right on top! 

That's what I am in the process of doing! 

CrisInMiami
Tourist
5 0 13

True, Fred. However we've been avoiding that because in the past we tested that when putting any logo or identification of our brand/name store on the external shipping package somehow it mysteriously and coincidentally increased the rate of lost/misplaced/stolen packages, at least for us. We even wonder if the cases we now have are because of the extra eye-catching presence of the Shopify logo now on the labels ("hey, neighbors of the door/porch where this shipment has been left at, look, this package contains something of value! - wanna take it?"). So the next logical option we thought would be to then apply just a plain white sticker on top, just to cover the Shopify logo. But the extra manual effort to do it for every single package adds a significant delay to our daily shipping logistics and sort of defeats the purpose of all shipping automation in place. The perfect solution for us would be to keep on having just what we had before: discreet USPS shipping labels free of any annoying branding graphics when purchasing them via Shopify Shipping, like the ones we still have when buying UPS or FedEx labels, or even USPS labels from stamped.com or other services.

Josr
Tourist
8 0 7

Is there a fix for this yet?

nathanaa
Tourist
7 0 7
If you are affected please contact Shopify and tell them they need to fix
this. I emailed support and they told me I can physically cut their logo
off each label. 🙄
ShopTime2
Excursionist
10 0 7

I agree with the others it is annoying and cheap looking for overall branding,  a downgrade for us and an upgrade for them.

Since they offer no way to opt out, it is very easy to just use another shipping company. PirateShip or Shipstation are easy fixes with apps.

I was cutting off the shopify logo but that gets tedious, will use other shipping companies going forward.

CrisInMiami
Tourist
5 0 13

Yep, that's right, ShopTime2. We ended doing the same and migrated all our usps label buying to Pirate Ship now and problem solved. Same rates than when using Shopify Shipping (or slightly lower in some cases), but beautiful crystal clear labels and free of any harassing logos or promos. Bye Shopi-felicia-fy Shipping.

Josr
Tourist
8 0 7

I may have to switch over to pirate ship as well, is there an easy way to import your orders to pirate ship?
Or would you copy and paste all the information over?

CrisInMiami
Tourist
5 0 13

Pirate ship does all that automatically via API integration, Josr. Once connected to your store, it imports all orders and as you fulfill it syncs all data back into your store's admin. Check out this one for a great and quick crash course about it: https://youtu.be/BIYDUKZTWaw

hausofzeros
Visitor
2 0 3

It's laborious but if you're printing half sheet labels and have illustrator you can drop the .PDF file directly to illustrator and it becomes an editable vector .PDF that you can then probably run through whatever thermal printer you're using. We still use half-page sheets for smaller volume days so that we can drop in our logo and remove excess junk but will soon be using a thermal printer. It's an okay workaround for 10-20 orders at a time but if you're processing a lot of orders a day it's likely an unusable method.

We've considered pre-printing our labels with a design-file that we create in illustrator using our own logo and will allow standard labels to print over it, with our template blacking out any empty space that excess branding would fall on (ie bottom Shopify bar). We haven't tested this yet so we're not sure if it's a usable work-around.

Attached a sample (removed ship-to address and tracking number). We're pretty brand obsessive and process everything in batches of 20-30 orders so it works for us on smaller batches but.... it's not ideal. Workflow involves batch printing all our half-sheet labels as a .PDF print, drop into illustrator as separate tabs, make styling changes and print them all out on half-sheet labels. Since you're dropping into illustrator you can also make font styling changes.

We've shipped out labels as is below and with even heavier styling changes and they've gone through USPS just fine with no kick-backs, the process is just lengthy. 

shipping_label_1038-01.png

47arwells
Visitor
1 0 0

can we please get some more support for adding our Own brand Logos to the Shipping labels?
I have been searching for options all day that are also compatible with Apps like Custom Shipping Rules or Intuitive Shipping.

Shopify is supposed to be an Ecommerce Ecosystem for Entrepreneurs but it seems like for a store owner to have to choose between Get Better Shipping Rate Accuracy buy No Label branding or Get Label Branding But Lose Shipping Rate Accuracy is a fundamental step that is missing. 

I agree with the other Merchants. Shopify could have made this easy for us, but instead focused on how it can market itself above its paying customers. Our Logos are more relevant to our customers than the Shopify Logo. The odds of someone that is buying a product online wanting to start an Ecommerce brand is not so high that it makes it relevant for Shopify to get Free Advertising but we have to pay Apps on Apps to get the support we need. And in this case, the support we need does not exist natively within Shopify when Shopify could invest in adding it to some some Customer Appreciation or something.. C'mon Shopify.

Side Note: Having to be on Shopify Plus (a $,1000/month plan) in order to get access to the checkout.liquid file is a little crazy to me as well considering that it messes with a lot of our abilities as marketers and store owners.

Outside of that, I don't have a ton more complaints. 

airwatergreens
Visitor
2 0 1

I agree! I also really hate that they took off the number of days for Priority!!! Before it said 1, 2 or 3 day. Our shipping day is based on this. In the AM we started with 3 day so those could go out on the first run to the mailbox, then 2 day and 1 day. PLEASE put it back!!! PLEASE!! We ship a perishable items and this is so important to us.