Shopify Shipping labels now with Shopify's logo on them?

CrisInMiami
Tourist
4 0 12

We noticed that starting this week a new update was pushed that on Shopify Shipping makes all purchased shipping labels to come up now with a Shopify logo displaying on them.

We don't like this update at all. We feel it's invasive for the brand experience offered to our store's customers and we'd like to request if this can be removed, or at least to make it optional for stores to accept or not to have a "Shopify" logo displayed on their labels, and provide controls in admin to be able to choose to remove the Shopify logo from the labels, if desired.

Or at least make the "Shopify" logo to appear a bit more subtle, like Endicia, or Ship Station, or stamps.com do when you purchase any labels though them. In this case, the Shopify logo was placed there at total eye-sore inducing levels.

Please, advise if there are any other channels to escalate this for Shopify's consideration.

Thank you.

Shipping label.png

Christineyb
1 0 6

Echo! Shopify should offer an option to remove the Logo on the shipping label. Does anyone know how to remove the Shopify logo on the shipping label? Thanks! 

JoeVerdi
2 0 6

Add us to the list - we pay for a Shopify subscription and it's inappropriate for Shopify to tack free advertising for itself onto our sales efforts. This was never something we agreed to and this needs to be removed. I am cutting that portion of the label off with scissors and infuriated about having to take the time.

Richard_Sprowl
Tourist
3 0 8

Yep. Shopify told me to pound sand after multiple tickets. I use a sharpie. How about adding our own logo and support ours brands like we pay you. Their app is invasive branding too so I opted out of it. Customers can track shipping without it. Shopify is trying to create an Amazon like ecosystem marketplace instead of sticking to their roots supporting independent e-commerce sites. New live view sucks. Can't get them on the phone like the old days (they were virtual before pandemic so no excuse there). One of my favorite companies is losing my love and respect.

cmart720
Tourist
6 0 22

Just started for me, too. Completely arrogant. I wish Shopify would instead spend their time actually developing some features.

nathanaa
Tourist
4 0 6

Agree. Completely inappropriate to force their advertising on our orders for a paid product. Shopify isn't a branded marketplace like Etsy - this is an ecommerce platform meant to run our business. If anyone's logo should be on the label it should be our own. Is my accounting software going to start advertising to my customers too?

Mechett1
1 0 1

My labels have the Shopify AND new Shop app logo on them! It's like a whole commercial. It is only on the USPS labels, not UPS.

5CA517FB-079F-4172-AF2A-AA7F5C2FD70D.jpg

Fred_Nexgen
1 0 0

A good idea would be to have some sticker of your logo created and just stick 'em right on top! 

That's what I am in the process of doing! 

0 Likes
CrisInMiami
Tourist
4 0 12

True, Fred. However we've been avoiding that because in the past we tested that when putting any logo or identification of our brand/name store on the external shipping package somehow it mysteriously and coincidentally increased the rate of lost/misplaced/stolen packages, at least for us. We even wonder if the cases we now have are because of the extra eye-catching presence of the Shopify logo now on the labels ("hey, neighbors of the door/porch where this shipment has been left at, look, this package contains something of value! - wanna take it?"). So the next logical option we thought would be to then apply just a plain white sticker on top, just to cover the Shopify logo. But the extra manual effort to do it for every single package adds a significant delay to our daily shipping logistics and sort of defeats the purpose of all shipping automation in place. The perfect solution for us would be to keep on having just what we had before: discreet USPS shipping labels free of any annoying branding graphics when purchasing them via Shopify Shipping, like the ones we still have when buying UPS or FedEx labels, or even USPS labels from stamped.com or other services.

Josr
Tourist
6 0 4

Is there a fix for this yet?

0 Likes