Shopify Site showing weird ads and not appearing normally

VaniaVania
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

Woke up this morning receiving messages from customer saying that the site could be hacked. Website not appearing normally, and showing weird ads. However, upon checking on my end, everything seem to be fine. But my other colleagues do encounter the same problem but on a random basis. Have checked the site on multiple platform and incognito mode. Below is a screenshot of the problem. Link to site is: Cynovial.com

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 11.56.16 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 11.48.31 AM.jpeg

Would appreciate if anyone can just help me look into this.. Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)

Ruinberg
Tourist
8 0 1

Having the same issue as well, but with the images uploaded into Shopify. From Singapore.

Constantly having images from other stores (seems to be beauty and apparel images) being replaced over my uploaded images.

VaniaVania
Visitor
3 0 0

Suspecting it could be an issue coming from a installed app on shopify.

LYS-404
Visitor
3 0 0

Was experiencing the same issue as well.. Support didn't seem to be able to replicate/view the glitch on their end which was quite puzzling as my team checked out other Shopify stores and those we viewed seemed to be affected.. if it wasn't feet it was a lady in a white dress or a cross necklace image.

Everything is restored now though, hopefully Support/Tech would be able to figure out what happened.

Ruinberg
Tourist
8 0 1

The issue doesn't seem to be solved. Saw this on the store and refreshing didn't help. Really hope something can be done.

79f9eb2e-1774-4212-b1f7-59988d82897d.jpeg

LYS-404
Visitor
3 0 0

Did anyone manage to figure out what the issue was? We had another one of this occurrence surface yesterday, this time with another set of images - all power-drills. Feels like a breach/glitch on the local network since Shopify team can't recreate this. Either way, it feels very unsecure.