Shopify Spam Customer Accounts with Real Email Addresses

Shopify Partner
10 0 8

Thanks. That is the page I used now and before and it just loops you round and round with no luck. 

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 10

You just click 'email' then log in with your store... then you can email them. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/email

0 Likes
1 0 1
I just started searching for this, because I have had problems with it in the last couple of days.

How does it benefit hackers and bots to create these bogus accounts? I am not sure what they’re getting out of it or why they’re doing it. Any theories?
1 Like
Shopify Partner
10 0 8

Yeah, I tried that with no luck.

I'm trying twitter now.

I bet thats why they are not getting too many complaints as it an issue to contact support.

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 21

I had have had good experiences with chat (better than email). No resolution, but at least I felt heard.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 16

EMail to Customer Support:   support@shopify.com 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 8
Now we’re talking. Thanks.

Twitter worked really well. They are aware that there is a problem and they are working on :).
2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
68 1 34

Maybe we're finally getting somewhere.  Interestingly enough my Chinese traffic has dropped tremendously in the last couple of days (I consider this a good thing because I think that's somehow linked with the SPAM accounts / comments).  In another day or so I'll turn my blog comments back on and see if I still get hundreds of SPAM comments. 

I've got 2 days free trial left on Shop Protector then I'll remove that as well, the app doesn't indicate any account submissions have been made since I've installed it, which is odd considering the SPAM accounts stopped.  But I figure the SPAM accounts weren't signing up via the forms as a regular person would, they were being created some other way which would explain why I'd get comments on all my blog posts but no indication of actual traffic on those posts.

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 8

SHOP PROTECT's free period ends for me in 11 hours. AND it still does not work, plus they keep on protecting the newsletter forms and not the Create an account form. 

This is becoming very boring!!

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 14

That's strange, since I installed Shop Protector, I haven't had any issues with bogus accounts, just spam comments on my blog, which they currently don't protect. Have you contacted their support? 

0 Likes