Shopify Spam Customer Accounts with Real Email Addresses

Tourist
5 0 3

This just started happening to me as well. About 20 spam accounts created in the last day. I know there is a huge thread here with folks having the same issue, but figured I should add my shop to the list. 

2 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 15

This is so tiresome! I just emailed support adding my voice asking them to escalate finding a solution. 

2 Likes
Tourist
12 0 15

Sooooo AGREE!! I've HAD ENOUGH!!! I've been doing a lot of research and getting close to making a move elsewhere.... I believe Shopify need to FIX the internal problems with the "hidden sign up forms" that allows bots/spam to have access to our stores. I think the bot/spam apps etc are perfectly fine but if the problem is internal then the bots will always win. Shopify is seriously wasting our time and I don't have time to continue to wait for them to fix their mess :(. *NOTE= if you are new to this convo please go back and read my post regards the "hidden sign up forms"....hope it's helpful. 

1 Like
Excursionist
27 0 15

No, not new to the thread. I first chimed in on 11/7 and have been following along. Your post on hidden forms was quite interesting. I, too, am exploring my options. I have a separate wordpress blog and may add woocommerce there and jump ship next year.  Such a shame. I've got 7+ years invested here and have helped other small merchants set up with Shopify. Some of them are having the same issue now too, and are asking me what to do. I have no answers. 

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 15

Ok. No worries. WOW!! 7 years!!! I've been here only two years. It's sad. They are NOT helping us at all. I'm looking in to moving to BigCommerce in the new year too :-)...early Jan when my shop takes a break. Good luck with yours and all the other wonderful store owners you are helping. 

2 Likes
Tourist
9 0 14

My site used to be based on Woo Commerce and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy's cat. You want to talk about reliance on apps? It's 10 times worse than Shopify. Apps would stop working, and when Wordpress upgrades, you have to make sure that your site stays up to date or they won't guarantee security. No thanks. 

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 15

OMGoodness :(. Not good at all. I've heard and read some really good things about BigCommerce. I like a lot of their security aspect in running an online store. They are one of my options for my big move in the new year. 

0 Likes
Explorer
68 1 34

@Orange-20 wrote:

OMGoodness :(. Not good at all. I've heard and read some really good things about BigCommerce. I like a lot of their security aspect in running an online store. They are one of my options for my big move in the new year. 

I spent the entire month of December last year switching over to BigCommerce.  Their insite blog is HORRIBLE I venture to say the worst I've ever seen.  And they have no internal search capability on the admin side, meaning if you have thousands of products and are trying to search for keywords on the Admin side those keywords better be in the title because that's all their system searches, doesn't search descriptions at all.  Also their code is very advanced and hard to make basic changes without having to hire an expert.  Those were all big negatives for me so I ended up cancelling and staying here.  Their customer service is top notch though.

1 Like
Highlighted

wow so we are not the only ones!!!

Shopify will not let us view our account without updating our payment info. We have told the rep that we will not pay another month of service until they give our organization time to reassess and figure out what and why all these issues keep happening as well as figuring out why Oberlo cant seem to explain to us how it is that their services work from an accounting perspective.

So now we are stuck. We want to first review out financials, but we do not feel comfortable giving Shopify our info as of right now. But now we are being denied reviewing out transactions unless we pay for another month?

NO WAY!

Best Regards,

Billie G.
1 Like
Tourist
12 0 15

WOW!! Thanks for the heaps up. They are one of my options...still researching and even talking to some private website developers.

0 Likes