Shopify Support Is Now the Worst Support System matched only by Facebook

GusN
2 0 1

For two days I've been trying to contact the support team about a ticket I opened last week. How I managed to do so astonishes me. All phone lines now tell your loyal customers, people such as myself who have given shopify thousands of dollars and years of business to go to their "Help Center" (the irony in the name is self-evident). The "Help Center" has a vicious loop to prevent their customers from ever being able to actually talk to someone at shopify. If you email their support email you get an automated message telling you to go to the "Help Center". My payouts are not working on two of my stores but is working on another. This is an error on Shopify's part and being able to receive payouts is essential when it comes to using this service. The worst part is some person who has no clue how to solve my problem is going to response to this message with links to the "Help Center". I know I've wasted my time with this message.

Deamondz
1 0 0

Hey bro, 

There is a way to get to the online chat: when it sends you to the support section search for anything. Upon doing that, scroll down to find the support chat button

0 Likes
GusN
2 0 1

Honestly, I appreciate you trying to help, but if that were there when I log into my account I wouldn't be writing on this forum. Any other suggestions? 

0 Likes
seamur88
Tourist
10 0 1

Even if you reach Customer Service it is a waste of time, here's why. If you are not one of their top producing revenue sites then they don't want your small business and will do everything to block and eventually shut down your store. It is all about shareholder value for them.

After a few years being loyal to Shopify the way they show their thanks is to lock me out of my store at the busiest time of year for shopping - Christmas. They ran me through a privacy & security compliance process and 7 days later still no access because at the busiest time of the year they were negligent and didn't plan ahead. Completely disgraceful. No response from the Account Team with orders pending and my customer furious because they can't get their orders fulfilled. But this is just a diversion, the real reason is profit.

I have read many other posts and I see a common trend towards the same action. Essentially to keep their operating costs low and profits high they target the small business owner sites and put you through their 'risk assessment' or 'attestation'. 1 of 2 things happen next: 1) given they never respond you end up deciding to cancel on your own (that is where I am at) or 2) they do respond and tell you that you don't comply with their risk criteria and shut down your store. This allows them keep just their highest revenue producing sites and eliminate the lower producers so they save on hosting, customer service, operations costs, etc. and maximize their profit. Remember they are a publicly traded company and this is what shareholders value the most to boost their stock price SHOP.TO which is currently trading at $1,500 dollars.

At any rate I will be cancelling my service if I can ever get access to move my inventory.

Please feel free to copy and paste my post to warn others so they can avoid this experience with them.

0 Likes
briem
Tourist
3 0 0

Shopify has the most atrocious customer service I have ever encountered for a company where their sole purpose for existing is to help companies build and grow their businesses. The customer service team is always helping multiple customers at time and therefore take 10+ minutes to answer basic questions. If you have something more complicated, expect days or weeks. If you decide to do something else (i.e. run your business) while waiting for a response, that chat will automatically be ended and you'll have start over brand new with someone else only to have them also avoid you and your questions. The only response you'll get constantly get is "I'm still here and I'm looking into this for you" which is actually code for "I'm actually helping other people right now but have to send you a message to keep the chat open. I don't really care about helping you at all."

So here's what happened to us this week: Shopify failed to notify us that we needed verify our domain that is hosted by them and then, WITHOUT warning, shut down our domain driving all of our customers to a dead page. They also lied about there being a notification about this in our admin - there was not. It then took the support team more than 10+ hours to resolve this situation - after speaking with about 8 different people all day. During that time where I lost an entire day of work, revenue, time, etc. one of the (many) support reps I had to be in touch with (due to them regularly getting "disconnected") told me to reset my DNS settings. Obviously hesitant, I explained that our e-mail as well as other systems were connected through the DNS (and probably other ones I won't easily remember) and he PROMISED that all of the records would be saved on their end and restored once the problem was resolved. Any guesses? That was a blatant lie. Not only with the records not restored, I manually had to go through the process of setting up our e-mail associated with our domain. However, we are still not receiving emails and the Support team is refusing to help. They are insisting that all emails should be coming through perfectly and if they are not, it's because we were added to a suppression list by the sender and we should ask them to white list our domain. How can we possibly predict who is trying to e-mail us? And even if we could somehow identify that, is it really feasible to ask customers, suppliers, partners and all other systems/platforms we work with to do this? But that is a moot point because we only know a handful of the people that are reaching out who have found another way to get in touch and we have absolutely no way to receive e-mails from anyone, most importantly, our customers! And let's not forget that this this was an issue caused by Shopify support! I have asked several times for their support team to fix the error that was caused by their team and I have been met with resistance at every step of the way.

It is beyond evident that Shopify does not care about its customers or the businesses that are built on top of them. People's livelihoods are at steak and their attitude is "it's not our problem." If you're considering working with shopify, investing in their stock or doing anything else related to this company BUYER BEWARE!!!! The only thing they exist to do is enable you to run your business and if you're not a top 10% customer of theirs, they will not help you (I'm not even confident they will help you at that point). Unfortunately, instead of helping businesses run, they are actually impeding us from doing business and causing more problems than they are helping. There is no point of escalation, no manager you can speak to - nothing. We are now on day 3 of no emails and angry customers messaging us on social media. So again, BUYER BEWARE!!!!

0 Likes