Shopify Thinks I Don't Have Admin Rights To My Own Facebook Page

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, having had major issues with the way products were being displayed on my Facebook sales channel, I pulled the plug and have since revamped my store. I've now created a new FB page for my new store and wanted to give the Facebook sales channel another go. Shopify seems to remember that I had an FB connection before because it keeps asking me to 'reconnect' my FB page. Which would be fine if everytime I tried to do that it didn't give me an alarmingly bright red message telling me that I don't have admin rights to my own FB page. 

Obviously, I do have admin rights to my page, along with all of the other pages I created. And even though I felt pretty stupid I even went and checked that all on FB.

I tried completely disconnecting the Facebook sales channel and then re-launching it, but because Shopify apparently thinks it's smarter than people, it seems to have stored that original connection data and it's not letting go for all money. So I just kept getting the same red message.

I thought maybe it was a browser issue. I use Chrome, so I tried logging out and logging in on Microsoft Edge. That did nothing.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I'm two steps shy of giving up on the whole FB store altogether at the moment!

Thanks,

Josh

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
54 0 8

Hello Josh,

Brian here, from the Shopify Guru team. :) I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with this issue, but we're here to help!

I've sent you on an email requesting an extra bit of information that we need so that we can investigate this for you and get it sorted. Just reply to that email with the details I've requested and our team will be able to take things from there. :)

And if you ever do encounter issues like this, please do not hesitate to contact our team at support@shopify.com. We're here to help 24/7!

Have a lovely weekend.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 0

HI Brian D, I am having this exact problem.  I want to connect my Facebook page to my shopify account.  I am the sole admin account on the facebook page, but i keep getting the error message that my facebook account doesn't have admin access to my Facebook page.

Wondering if the help you gave Josh would work for me?  

Thanks so much

Vivian

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 9

Brian,

I'm having the same issue. Can you please help me too?

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 9

Guys, I figured it out. You have to go in and remove the Facebook sales channel. I also removed instagram. After they are removed I re-added them and it all worked. Just be very careful and DO NOT delete your shopify store/channel by accident. It's two clicks to delete your whole store.

@James225 wrote:

Brian,

I'm having the same issue. Can you please help me too?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 9

to delete the facebook sales channel, just click on add sales channels. When the screen pops up, click on manage sales channels link at the bottom of the popup page. From there you can click on the trash icon to delete facebook. Again, be careful to not accidentally delete your store.

After, click the same link to add sales channel and select facbook. Then go through the process to link it and you are good to go.

0 Likes
1 0 0

This did not work for me, I deleted the facebook sales channel, added it back and it still says I need admin rights to my own page... grrrrr so frustrating.

@James225 wrote:

to delete the facebook sales channel, just click on add sales channels. When the screen pops up, click on manage sales channels link at the bottom of the popup page. From there you can click on the trash icon to delete facebook. Again, be careful to not accidentally delete your store.

After, click the same link to add sales channel and select facbook. Then go through the process to link it and you are good to go.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I have the same problem, both with facebook and instagram.... this is crazy.

0 Likes
Visitor
1 0 0

What are we going to do with this? I am encountering same problem right now. Grrr.. T_T

0 Likes
Visitor
1 0 0

We are having the same issue (uninstalling Channel did not work).

Any updates from Shopify on this?

0 Likes