Shopify Traffic/ GA traffic not tracking

HeatherPowell
Excursionist
15 0 3

About 4pm yesterday my traffic plummeted unexpectedly. I had 600 sessions on Sunday for example, and 289 yesterday, 283 acheived before 4pm.

I woke this morning, would usually expect 50-80 sessions- just 2.

Google Analytics is showing the same- just 2 sessions.

My Google Ads account and FB Ads account are showing about 40 clicks between them - there is no issue acessing my site via these ads.

After having a play about, it seems Shopify and GA are only registering Direct traffic?! 

Has anybody had this before? I've spoken to Shopify and there doesn't seem to be a wider issue. Has anyone had any experience of this or is there something anyone can reccomend?

zlpro
2 0 1

I have got same issue.

HeatherPowell
Excursionist
15 0 3

I’ve had a bit more of a play about and it looks like it’s only registering direct traffic or other source sessions once they ‘add to cart’ (and therefore show as direct as the cart is the landing page).

I spoke to Google Analytics support and they told my there is no tag in my website which is why this is happening. There has been a tag and there are no changes on my side to remove it. 

Weirdly, for about 5 minutes this afternoon it seemed to ‘come alive’ and track some non direct sources- but soon went quiet again.

I’ve flagged again to Shopify this afternoon and they are now looking into it.

when did this start happening for you?

0 Likes
zlpro
2 0 1

The problem starts yesterday morning. Shopify and GA are only registering direct traffic, the same issue as you have. 

0 Likes
Jeffrey0548
Tourist
6 0 1

We are having the same problems since 1.5 days.. its only showing traffic from /cart or /order, its putting all sales under 'direct' and its showing no social source sessions.. I tried to explain the problem to the customer chat, but they just don't understand the problem...

Jeffrey0548
Tourist
6 0 1

Hopefully they will fix it today.. Because it's getting a big problem now that's already for 2 days.. But customer support doesn't understand the problem. They told me things about 'hey I can help you increase traffic and sales'.. like wtf.. 

I clearly send them screenshots and explained that there is a huge problem going on. Yesterday we did the same amount sales as 2 days ago, but with a traffic decrease of 88% lol. And still they didn't understand the problem. Our average CR is 3% and yesterday it was 20%+, but probably it doesn't sound weird to them..

I'm trying to reach out to shopify employees with more knowledge.. 

0 Likes
HeatherPowell
Excursionist
15 0 3

so annoying! 
Hoping it was fixed this morning but nope.

when I spoke to them again they were more receptive and passed it onto the tech team- I have a ticket number and I’ll keep you guys updated 

0 Likes