Shopify-Vend Integration - Customer info syncing

highgate
Tourist
5 0 1

Both Vend and Shopify store customer info. But customer info does not seem to sync from Vend to Shopify. Something that should be relatively easy. You can export out of Vend manually and you can import into Shopify manually but the export and import formats are incompatible (csv/xls files). I am trying to apply discounts to classes of existing customers from Vend. I would have thought this should be possible. Am I missing something?

evictory
1 0 0

I need this too! We have automatic promotions set up for certain customer groups which we'd like to replicate in Shopify, would love some advice on how best to make this happen.

0 Likes
Marco_Newbie
Tourist
7 0 5

I'm using PieSync which is good, but having trouble getting phone numbers from Vend -> Shopify.

258b4e14f2
9 0 0

The best option is to discount things in Shopify and remember to update the discount if you make any changes to the product in Vend. Products only are changed in Shopify after they have been changed in Vend.

0 Likes
258b4e14f2
9 0 0

The best option is to discount things in Shopify and remember to update the discount if you make any changes to the product in Vend. Products only are changed in Shopify after they Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 have been changed in Vend.

0 Likes
Mawghan
1 0 0

Hiya - I actually work with PieSync and happy to help you with your sync issue. Would you like me to investigate this for you? If so, I simply need the email address you used to create you PieSync account. You are welcome to email me at mawghan@piesync.com. Best - Mawghan (Morgan)

0 Likes
WoodyBrighton
Excursionist
19 0 7

We need this too! Very disappointing that the customer data does not sync between Shopify and Vend. Thier concept of an "integration" is different to mine. Open to ideas?

0 Likes
fuzzbuzz
Excursionist
15 0 1

I may be wrong about this completely, but I feel that there is some challenge in syncing them because for customers that are already in Vend, when they look to purchase from Shopify, their account needs to sync at the time of purchase. I have had store customers sometimes buy online- with the result being duplicate customer accounts under the same name (1 from Vend, 2 from Shopify). 

I hope they come up with some solution to sync them.

0 Likes
Marco_Newbie
Tourist
7 0 5

Honestly mate, try piesync. It creates a new customer in the other system every time you create a new customer. I never get duplicates provided the email is the same. The only limitations is phone numbers dont come across. However, every customer set up on Vend goes to Shopify immediately and from Shopify they get included in our email marketing app so get included in the next newsletter we send. Also sync from Vend -> Xero but I had to break that sync as it's too buggy. 

fuzzbuzz
Excursionist
15 0 1

Thanks Marco! I did the integration and sync, and all my Vend customers are now showing in Shopify. The only other issue I'm trying to figure out is that all sales done through Shopify are showing in negative in Vend when I check the customers balance. I reckon this is because I'm taking electronic money transfer payments and so Shopify doesn't record payments and send them to Shopify. Wondering how to balance these accounts in Vend.

0 Likes