Shopify Web Hosting

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello All,

I currently have three web sites for online sales.  Two sites for physical products and one site for electronic delivery of a software application that I developed.  All three sites hosted on GoDaddy. 

For my sales processing, I use PayPal exclusively.  PayPal has what they call "PayPal Buttons" that allow me to include a button on my website to add items to the cart and make payment. 

All of this is working pretty well for me but am thinking of integrating everything into a single hosting solution.  My questions for the community or the Shopify support team ...

• For the $29 / month plan, how many websites can I host?  If similar to other web hosting solutions, I would think there would be no problem hosting all three of my websites.  Yes?
  • Can design / edit the website html code myself?  I have been designing my own websites for some time now.  I create the html code and upload it to the website.  Works fine for me.  Can I continue to do this if Shopify is hosting my content or do I need to use Shopify's web editing solutions?
  • It appears that Shopify supports ecommerce with physical products.  Does Shopify also support sales of software where fulfillment is performed electronically?

Appreciate any comments.

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
290 32 66

Hi @RaisingArizona 

See below...

• For the $29 / month plan, how many websites can I host?  If similar to other web hosting solutions, I would think there would be no problem hosting all three of my websites.  Yes? No. Unless you are on Shopify Plus, its one site/store per plan. You can have multiple domains and redirect to your one main store, but not 3 separate stores with separate product offerings.
  • Can design / edit the website html code myself?  I have been designing my own websites for some time now.  I create the html code and upload it to the website.  Works fine for me.  Can I continue to do this if Shopify is hosting my content or do I need to use Shopify's web editing solutions? You can build your own 'Theme' and upload it. Recommend you look into documentation on Shopify Themes & how they work.
  • It appears that Shopify supports ecommerce with physical products.  Does Shopify also support sales of software where fulfillment is performed electronically? Yes. There is an option in the product setup page in your admin where you can set whether it is a physical product that requires shipping, or not.
2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the reply.  From your responses, it would appear that the cost of Shopify will run much more than my current costs.

Regards,

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello there, what server do you use for hosting ?  i’m working on my own forum for food discussion, i already finished the design process and looking for a domain, my friend told me that there are many companies and people who sells domains and host servers, he sent me a list of the companies with their websites examples and prices and to be honest some companies are really cheap with nice services which made me confused so i had to read some reviews and i think m2media.com.au is good one but people recommend me about GoDaddy more. So can you tell me more about it ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Well dude, I tried the service you recommended and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. GoDaddy is a really good service that is very popular, but I would rather use services that are less popular. I believe that if the service does not have very many customers, then they will be able to devote more time to fixing problems that have arisen with their existing customers. For example, I use lyrahosting.com services very often. This service provides very high quality services that I am completely satisfied with. I think that the author of the post has already received answers to his questions, so the topic can be closed.

0 Likes