Shopify Website Mobile Speed

kissaninc
1 0 0

The speed of my Shopify website for mobile is dreadfully slow. On analyzing on google's page speed insight I found that it is Shopify's code that is slowing down the speed. How do I resolve it?

https://www.kissan.ca/ Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.32.09 AM.png

0 Likes
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
130 10 69

Hi @kissaninc 

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done about the code coming from 3rd party resources. Since the code is inaccessible to everyone outside of the code's developers, it makes it impossible for anyone else to optimize these scripts.

However, I did find some optimization opportunities by running your homepage through the Shopify Analyzer. It's a free tool our team built for the Shopify community. You can check out your full report here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/g09h88vm8j.

Your main issue looks to be related to lazy loading. Adding or improving lazy loading on your site can really boost performance in many cases. If you're unfamiliar with what lazy loading is, it waits to load images until they come into a user's view. This way you aren't loading all your images up at once.

We have a great article that'll help walk you through implementing lazy loading if you'd like to handle this yourself: How to Lazy Load Images on Shopify to Make Your Site Faster.

I hope this helps. If you need any more help, feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
0 Likes
EyeR
Excursionist
36 3 5

You realise the 'third party' in that screenshot is 'Spotify'?

Possibly not, judging by the tone and content of your response.

Since the code is inaccessible to everyone outside of the code's developers, it makes it impossible for anyone else to optimize these scripts.

In this case, you would be the code developers.

@kissaninc:  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any signifcant adjustments in the myriad of fails they currently sport. The easiest way to avoid that delay on page loads is to use a more proven codebase, in terms of performance.  You don't get any choices on this matter with your current supplier, I advise to change it.

Assistance can be provided pro bono if required.

0 Likes
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
130 10 69

@EyeR 

Not all of the Shopify code listed within that screenshot is available to outside developers. I do not work for Shopify.

Sure, you can access the code coming from the /assets folder, but that's only 2 of the 5 files being flagged in the screenshot.

There are also references to 3rd party files coming from Google Tag Manager and Facebook. Can't access those either.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
0 Likes
chandrasekhar
Excursionist
55 1 3

Hi @kissaninc 

Shopify is one of the best eCommerce platforms that offer a variety of opportunities to attract more visitors to online stores, provide them with the best services and convert them into regular customers. Your website may be beautifully designed, have many features, and offer the most competitive terms of purchase and delivery. But if your site is slow, none of these benefits matter. Your potential customers will leave without making a single purchase. The performance of Shopify websites mainly depends on the servers, custom functionality, and everything running on the frontend.

There are a few ways to speed up the Shopify website for mobile:-

• Choose a Reactive Theme
  • Modify installed apps
  • Optimize Shopify Images
  • Use lazy load
  • Find an alternative to the Homepage Hero slider
  • Reduce the number of HTTP requests
  • Improve performance with AMP
  • Minimize redirects and get rid of broken links

Hope this is helpful for you if you need more support then you can connect with us.

0 Likes