Shopify admin language setting

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello

I would like to know how to change the admin language for only one user, the store owner. I will remain as an admin and I require English. Is this possible?

I came across this Shopify article and there is a section with the heading "Which languages does Shopify support?". As of this writing, the article describes the following languages listed below as supported for the admin language. I believe admin in this case means the dashboard.

The admin of your Shopify store is currently available in English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish.

I would like to set the owner admin language interface/experience set to Polish for only one user, not globally for all users.

To avoid any confusion, I left a screenshot of the admin/dashboard because I don't know what it is officially called.

Shopify admin / dashboard interface menuShopify admin / dashboard interface menu

Can someone please respond with a Shopify support article or with steps that can help me achieve this ?

Thank you in advance.

— Alex Santos

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

I will reply partially to my own question for now.

I contacted Shopify by phone and language for the admin can indeed by changed from English. We couldn't find a way to set the owner to her preferred language before giving her Store ownership privileges but as soon as this user contacts me I will walk her through setting up the admin to Polish and will report back in case others came here looking for an answer.

Thanks

0 Likes