Shopify admin page showing current theme preview as broken page icon

Alex4500
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi All,

I am currently using a custom theme in Shopify and the preview image under my shopify admin page (online store > themes) shows the current preview as a broken page icon on desktop and mobile device as below. 

Alex4500_0-1613425768054.png

The site loads properly when selecting preview from actions, but from the admin page I get the above. Any clue why it does not show a display of my current theme?

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

LS_Hamburg
Excursionist
11 0 5

I have the same issue - my website seems to work fine, but the preview is broken. Does anybody know why this is, maybe it indicates an issue that I'm not aware of?

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247
Hi @Alex4500,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and glad to hear that your storefront is operating as expected. When did you first notice the issue of the broken image icon within your Online Store > Themes section? Could you advise if you're using a Shopify powered theme from our Theme Store or is it a third-party theme? Could you also share if you were using a previous theme and the broken image icon was present?

The broken image icon may be due to how the images are responding to your theme. Responsive images respond to the size of the screen that they're displayed on. If you're using high-quality images, our Shopify themes are able to create and then display the optimal image resolution for any screen size. This can help with image accessibility for all devices, and also helps keep page load speeds down. For product and collection images, they can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels. For square product images, a size of 2048 x 2048 px works best.

I'll also provide some options and resources below to ensure you're no longer seeing any broken images when previewing your live theme:

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog