Shopify & facebook - Catalog owned by Shopify

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

I may have messed something up.  I had my Facebook Shop set up through Shopify.  It apparently created a catalog in my FB Business Manager called Products for myshopifyshop.myshopify.com.  I can see the catalog under Catalog Manager, but not under Data Sources > Catalogs.  In fact, that catalog says it's owned by Shopify and I'm not able to link my FB pixel to it.  It says I need to ask Shopify to do give me rights to it. 

So, I went around looking on the Shopify Admin and set up the Facebook channel - not Facebook Shop.  The process went smoothly.  And once I activated the Marketing app for Dynamic Ads, it created a second catalog called Shopify Product Catalog.  That second catalog contains everything and it's the one being tied to my FB pixel.  Also, this catalog won't connect to my Facebook page because the other catalog is connected to it.  It says I need to upload a feed file to update 

Which catalog should I use for Instagram and which should I use for my Facebook Shop channel?  Does it matter that I only have the ability to make edits to the catalog created by the Marketing app?  Thank you!

the catalog created by the FACEBOOK SALES CHANNEL is still owned by shopify and you can't get access to it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Omg I am having the same issues + added that I can't get  IG shopping.

Hoping someone gets back to us.. here is thread left un answered by Shopify similar issues 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Facebook-Shopify-Catalog-Owned-by-Shopify-Busines...

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! 

Have you solved your problems? I am having the same issues. Catalog owned by Shopify and there is no visible way I could change it. Couldn't sought any help from Shopify, too.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5
Hi! Unfortunately no help, it did suddenly start working on our IG. And we managed to have maybe a week or two of tagging and now we are left with a “View Shop” but no way of even adding more product?! Instagram/ FB has seriously dropped the ball with this.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes, I found this link yesterday on the same topic. Some integration should be done here.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Facebook-Shopify-Catalog-Owned-by-Shopify-Busines...

0 Likes