Shopify and GDPR question

29 0 0

Hello

I would like to know what I need to do if I want to set up a store in shopify to comply with the GDPR rules?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
370 10 33

Hi, Tommax!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

Not to worry, here at Shopify we have updated all our features to be compliant with the new GDPR rules and regulations. This includes features to enable you to offer your customers transparency into and control over their personal data, and technical measures to ensure that your customers’ personal data is protected as it crosses borders.

There are also steps you will need to take on your own, to ensure GDPR compliance. Ultimately, compliance with the GDPR is the responsibility of each individual merchant. We can point you in the right direction! You can download Shopify's GDPR whitepaper PDF document here for the steps you need to take. We also have more general information here.

As always though, every business is different and may require different steps for GDPR compliance. I would recommend reaching out to a local authority on the matter, they will be able to answer any specific legal questions about your store for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
29 0 0

so if I understand it well, shopify deals with the protection of my clients data?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
370 10 33

Thanks for getting back to me Tommax!

Shopify has updated all of our systems to ensure you, the merchant, have a fully GDPR compliant store. The protection of your client's data would be up to you as a merchant.

Each store is different, so I would recommend reaching out to a local authority on the matter, as they could review your store specifically and make suggestions for you.

Hope this helps!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello Everyone,

In GDPR article , it states that "48 hours after a store owner uninstalls your app, Shopify sends you a shop/redact webhook. This webhook provides the store's shop_id and shop_domain so that you can erase the customer information for that store from your database."

If store owner re-install the App before 48 hours once again then this event will be fired up or not?

Our App does not use any customer data, then we have to use this webhook "customers/redact" in partner app dashboard or not ?

0 Likes