Shopify and Quickbooks integration when having several payment methods.

4 0 0

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my shopify site to sync correctly with Quickbooks. I've used the Bold app to sync the orders and fees and that works well. However, this only works for those orders where customers have used Shopify payments.

But customers can also use Paypal (and Afterpay, I'm based in Australia) and I can't work out how to set this up correctly. I tried the paypal app but Quickbooks can't match the individual orders with the info it pulls from my bank account (which is a daily sum of several orders). Everything seemed doubled up and it gets very messy. 

I have yet to find an accountant who can help me set this up correctly. There would be so many people in the same situation as me, yet I cannot find any info anywhere on how to do this.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
31 1 3
Dear Sir/Madam,
I do understand the issues that you are facing.
I would welcome you to use our app for sync from Shopify to QuickBooks. Our app is called QuickBooks Bridge.

You may look it up on the Shopify app store or view the details from https://apps.shopify.com/quickbooks-bridge

Our team will help you in case of any issues you are facing.

Regards,
Kumar
0 Likes
17 0 0

Unfortunately one app can't handle it all. Believe me I've tried many being an Accountant who specializes in eCommerce across all platforms. Yes some apps will get the data to Quickbooks, but once there I have to go in and make adjustments to either correct what came over, or force the numbers where they actually need to go. The best way I've found to date is to simply import all of the data myself for my clients. This way I know the information coming over is accurate, and I'm also balancing out each of the payment channels, orders, sales tax, discounts gift cards, etc., within Quickbooks with each import, something these apps simply do not do for the Quickbooks account holder.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thank you for responding! I was afraid that was the case. I can't understand that there is no app out there that does all of it since there would be so many people using Quickbooks and Shopify. Would it be easier if I used Xero? Or is the problem the same?  I'm trying to avoid doing manual work as much as possible. This should all be able to be automated. 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thank you for your response. Would your app sync payments coming from different payment providers, e.g. sync the shopify payments and the paypal ones as well? 

0 Likes
17 0 0

There's just too many moving parts. Inventory item #'s by sku's or just name, Quickbooks allows negative inventory a huge problem. Payments coming from Paypal, Square, Stripe, Authorize.net, etc., and Shopify itself, including gift cards, discounts and one time promotions. Now you're talking a spiders web of money transactions, and we haven't even discussed all the subscription and merchant fees charged by every platform I've listed. And it won't matter if you use Xero you're still going to have the same issue.

But if you're willing to leave Quickbooks and try something else, there's a fairly new platform called AccountingSuite that handles eCommerce, here's their pricing website: https://www.accountingsuite.com/pricing/, it looks a bit pricey, but if you work through an Accountant like myself, we're able to offer the eCommerce version for about $90 a month.

0 Likes
17 0 0

The way I import, yes I handle all payment channels. Depending on the client and how many moving parts they have, I either start from the Shopify (or Amazon, CrateJoy etc) orders and sync them to Quickbooks. Or if there's a ton of activity going on in Quickbooks, I have a couple clients I balance from the payment receiving side in Quickbooks bank feeds, backward to the orders. Actually I do this usually with a new client just to make sure everything is flowing as it should.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 1 3
Yes, our app allows you to differentiate between 3 different types of payments. - Shopify Payments, PayPal and Others.

I think all your requirements should be fulfilled by our app. If something is not in the exact way that you prefer, we can even do minor customizations.

Do let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,
Kumar
0 Likes