Shopify and the USPS SCAN Form

1 0 1

So, I started on Ebay, expanded to Etsy, and after being blessed with some success, decided to expand out on my own by going to Shopify where the big kids play.

SCREEEEEEECH!!!! Wait... What?? You don't have something as simple as an option to add shipping insurance? And... No scan sheet???? 

This is BASIC stuff! The platforms where BEGINNER/hobby businesses start, Ebay, Etsy... etc, all have it! But Shopify, the platform for serious entrepreneurs, doesn't? The platforms where the typical business churns out 1-5 orders a week, is capable of adding insurance and scan sheet to make life easier for the sellers. But the platform that's made for work-horse businesses that churn out HUNDREDS of orders, isn't interested in helping to make the fulfillment of those orders more efficient?

It's been a while since the original poster posted the message, and I haven't seen the Shopify answering the request other than the initial acknowledgement of the request.

Maybe my idea of what Shopify is, is wrong :(

1 Like
1 0 0

I agree with all the comments above. We just dropped of another 200 orders at our local post office and today, we were told they will not continue to take them without a scan form. That's makes Shopify liable for our loss of orders we can no longer ship via USPS because for years they have refused to provide an option to print a scan form. Why is it we can print 20 labels at once but can't print a summary scan form of all 20? If "stupid is as stupid does", then the is Shopify stupid! GRRRRRRRR!

0 Likes
1 0 1

I am asking, begging, pleading that Shopify corrects this and add this function to the website. It's been two years from the original post date and has yet to be addressed. The app the retired customer service rep suggested has multiple bad reviews including one that stated they were hacked. I need this functionality for my growing business. Please, Shopify.

1 Like
2 0 0

Is there a workaround for this at all?

0 Likes
Explorer
39 1 17

This is greatly needed.  Shopify, you're losing a ton of money by not having this feature.  Do you have any idea how many people would use your shipping service instead of what they're using if you would just add this simple list feature?

We are ready to switch to Shopify Shipping, just waiting this simple feature.  All of our shipments will be purchased through Shopify if Shopify will just add this.

USPS requires a scan form.  They will not accept the amount of orders we put out without one.  So, we have to continue using Shipstation for now.

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 5

I might be a little late on this thread, but I wanted to give you all a head's up in case you're still struggling with this... I have been searching for the same solution for quite some time, and have been pretty disappointed to see that only paid app options are available through Shopify. I'm with all of you in that this is a BASIC functionality that shouldn't require us to pay an outside app developer a monthly fee to be able to print a sheet of paper. But I digress...

Just now, I found that PirateShip (https://apps.shopify.com/pirate-ship) links with your shopify store and makes it easy to create the SCAN forms. They have the same rates as Shopify, but they don't charge to use the service. I am just getting my shop up and running so I haven't had to process a TON of orders, but I wanted to let you all know about this option! Hope it helps someone else looking around for this!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
39 1 17

Yeah.  I experimented with Pirate Ship.  Gotta love the name (much more fun and creative than easyship or shipping easy or shipstation).  However, the first drawback which is instantly noticed with Pirate Ship is that they ONLY have USPS. No UPS, Fedex, DHL, or any of the popular post services if shipping internationally (such as Canada Post, Sx Express, etc.).  Also, if I recall correctly, their rates were a few cents more than Shopify's, but I may be confusing them with another.   As far as free apps go who provide a scan form, I do think easyship is the best since they have like every carrier.  The only drawbacks for us, who have thousands of products, are that easyship does not have a picklist feature (they insist this has something to do with inventory management rather than shipping, which is ridiculous) and you have to enter dimensions for all of your products.  But, there are cheap pick list apps and we will likely go with easyship once we manage to get the bandwidth for our small team to measure all nearly 4,000 of our products and upload them to the system.  Easyship also has calculated rates at checkout (if your shopify subscription qualifies), which definitely trumps what Pirate Ship offers.  But alas, for now, we are stuck with shipstation for 99% of our orders (we process one through easyship every now and then for specials orders...but it's a manual process when not synced up).

All that being said, a USPS scan form should be native to shopify (or any other platform) if they are going to offer any sort of shipping at all.  

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 5
Ahh. I hadn't thought about that. It definitely works for me since I only
utilize USPS, but I can see how that would be a drawback for sure for
someone else. Thanks for pointing that out - hopefully this conversation
will still be helpful for anyone browsing for solutions.

And yes, at the end of the day, the SCAN form should be native.
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
I have been using Shippo on heavy ship days when a scan sheet is necessary. Similar rates to Shopify shipping

0 Likes
2 0 0

They finally added the shipping insurance maybe this means the scan sheet is coming!

0 Likes