Shopify bulk "Capture payments" button not working on Admin orders page

archita
Tourist
5 0 1

We have many orders having payment pending as their status, and need to collect payments for them in bulk based on the filter applied frequently.
However, the "Capture payments" button is not working when collecting payment in bulk.

This is a very important feature for us, and not being able to bulk capture payment is very disappointing.

It would be helpful if anyone can help around this.

Thank you.

archita_0-1619600111434.png

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
78 13 6

Hello @archita!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having some issues with capturing payments so I wanted to help you out.

I understand that this is an important feature for you, and after doing some testing on my end, it should be working. Could you tell me what you're seeing when you click to Capture Payments on the selected orders? Do you get some kind of an error, or are you not seeing anything happen? If there is an error, do let me know what it is.

If you get no error, this issue could potentially be related to the cache and cookies on your browser. Could you try to clear the cache on your Google Chrome browser following these steps and then try to capture the payments again? In the case that it does not work, take note of any error that might come up and let me know.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
archita
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Lana,

I cleared the cache & cookies on my browser with the steps you've mentioned, however still bulk capture payment is not working.

I am not seeing any error, and the API is also returning a 200 response.

Once I click on "Capture payments" button, and confirm on the modal, it shows a success message 

archita_0-1619610059621.png

On click of "Capture order payments", this success message comes in bottom, however nothing happens and the order payment status still stays in "Payment pending" mode instead of "Paid" mode.

archita_1-1619610132759.png

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
78 13 6

Looks like you have taken all the right steps to try and resolve this so far. We may need to take a closer look at it for you to see why this is happening - could you please contact our live support here so that we can check it out? This is because we are currently not able to look into your account details from the Shopify Community.

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes