Shopify changing inventory level into negative number! Help!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi there

Our Shopify store keeps automatically changing the inventory level on a few specific products - We'll change the level to 30 for example, sell 3 and then Shopify changes the level to -3. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know of any current issues or bugs? 

We're using Reign theme if this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

This could be an app, adjusting your inventory like that. Maybe Vend Point-of-Sale?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

It doesn't seem to be Vend Caroline. We've turned off the backwards integration and it's Shopify that is changing the level. Any other ideas? 

Thanks for your reply!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

Can you create a ticket as well? 

99.999% of times this happens, an app is at fault, from what we see in support. You have several apps installed now.

Shopify is set to never oversell. So if you are set to deny purchases when your inventory reaches zero, and you end up with negative numbers, that means an app is adjusting your inventory.

App or no app, that is a serious issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Caroline, 

Ok - I'm unsure where to go from here to find out which app it is that is adjusting our inventory. We're pretty sure it isn't Vend but its very possible it is because I dont think there are any other apps that interfere with inventory but just unsure of how to test this any further than what we already have done!

You're correct - It's a major problem and we've had some horrible customer complaints recently. I've submitted a ticket about this - Number 17431

Cheers

Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

Hi Adam,

Someone will be in touch with you tomorrow!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I do have the same situation this was solve to follow the solution

0 Likes