Shopify charge me twice

Highlighted
1 0 0

1. Shopify charges me twice, please can anyone help me, because my monthly charge is one time per month and is a basic plan

2. I am Canadian why am I charged in US dollar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
207 26 36

Hi, @Zoemerchandise !

Thanks for your questions. I'll break down my responses in the same format just to make reading this back as easy as possible:

1. There's a couple of reasons this might happen. The first would be that there are multiple shops open using the same email address and credit card and the second would be that the shop has reached it's billing threshold. Typically Shopify will only charge you once a month You receive a bill whenever the total of your transaction fees and other outstanding charges exceeds your account's threshold. Monthly subscription fees are included in your running total, but they are not included in threshold bills. You should be able to determine if both bills are from the same account by clicking Settings > Billing from your Shopify admin and matching up the invoice numbers. 

2. We have merchants in more than 150 countries, of which the United States is our largest market. We charge universally in USD so that we are in the local currency of most of our merchants. Further, USD is one of the most frictionless and widely known currencies and making it the most effective way to accept payment at this time. This may be something we revisit or explore down the road though.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes