Shopify charged me earlier before trial ends!

Highlighted
2 0 0

i wasn't doing good with my store due to some facebook reviewing system problems..   so i decided to stop my trial before they charge me with the monthly billing..    guess what?   i didn't notice shopify charged me way before time, around  days before the due date..    

so while i haven't notice this CONVENIENT billing i decided to put my shop on Dormant mode..  because i didn't want to close the shop completly... but then after i found that shopify actually did charge me  i went to activate the shop again and now i found that going back to "compare plan" will charge me again...  wtf..    so, so far they charged 29$ even when my trial is supposed to end on january 16th...    if i keep dormant will charge me 14$ more "when my trial ends" even when they already forcely finished my trial!..  and if i want to activate the shop i will have to pay AGAIN 29$ .. ???!!!...   so i lose the first 29$ payment just because shopify decided to conveniently charge before the date?!. 

anyone from shopify team..    help me out here man.  this is not right. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
418 29 80

I would contact shopify support directly for issues unique to your store.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

ok but how to do that?  all i see is useless bots and FAQ sections.. how to contact a human? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
368 19 53

Hello, @jhesuha!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I'd be happy to look into this for you. What you would want to do is head to our Shopify Help Center and scroll to the bottom of the page where it reads, "Contact Shopify Support" - you can follow the prompts from there and either reach out to our guru team via phone or chat or you can send me an email. If you decide to send an email, make sure the email is sent from the same email address that you have set as the account owner for your Shopify storefront - so we can properly verify your store for you. Once you've sent the email, let me know what your ticket number is here and I can begin looking into this billing issue for you. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes