Shopify deductions for payment transactions

Redtronic
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi there,

I know Shopify deduct their transaction fees on a case by case basis but this causes a bit of a nightmare if you're running accounting software separately as the invoice value never matches the payment received and you end up with lot of small excess missing payments.

My question; Is there a way of receiving the full payment (with no deductions) and then get invoiced by Shopify in bulk, say at the end of the month? Therefore we could set Shopify up as a "supplier" in our accounting software and just raise a single monthly PO for the months payments so it all coordinates properly.

Thanks for any advice.

0 Likes
PREracing
1 0 0

Did you figure out a way around this issue?  We just started using Shopify and I have the same problem.  Our merchant processors in the past bill us monthly rather than per transaction.  I'd love to hear your feedback.

0 Likes
Redtronic
Tourist
5 0 1

Unfortunately not. Shopify is a great tool but if you need any help from Shopify customer services themselves, get on your knees and start praying. Good luck

Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 60 58

Hi @Redtronic and @PREracing 

Thank you for bringing this feedback about the way processing fees from Shopify Payments are deducted from your payouts. I understand that you are both wanting to have your payout processing fees deducted on a monthly basis VS a transaction basis.

I wanted to let you know that I have shared this with our developers for consideration. I know that this would be a more ideal option for both of you and I am sure many other merchants as well. While you can change your payout cycle to a daily or weekly basis, at this time the transaction fees will be deducted from each transaction separately. 

If you have any other feedback or support questions please let me know. I am happy to help. 

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog