Shopify deleted my store and kept my money (thousands of $)

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

my shopify store  doucelove.myshopify.com/

Long story short...

I created a Shopify store for my service business to start accepting electronic payment and decided on Shopify because my daughter recommended it based on the buzz around the company.  But my store was live for a few days with a selected plan and domain when it was deleted completely. I could not log in to the Shopify dashboard nor was my domain working. I contacted support multiple times with the same promise of having their risk team contact me shortly. I would wait days with no response and then contact them again just to get the same response. When I finally hard from the risk team they told me that my site was deleted because it presented a risk and they could not provide further explanation. I was told to go to another platform since they can not work with me. Which I am fine with, regardless of the amount of money I paid to have the site designed and ready for my customers and all the time invested. But I continued to ask them about the money that had been paid by my customers that was never deposited into my account nor returned to the customers. Every time I contact the gurus I am told the same thing, someone will contact you with a response but no one ever does and its like they expect me to just forget about the money (thousands of $). I have already performed the services for my customers but yet my money is not deposited to me nor is it given back to the customers. I can not ask my customers to pay me twice for a mistake that is not theirs, so this is my last option to try to get this fixed and get my money from Shopify so that I can go to another platform that has more respect for their customers than Shopify.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated on how to handle this issue.

1 Like
Highlighted
14 0 0
This happened to me yesterday. I’m definitely trying to file a lawsuit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

I might consider doing that if they don't do anything because this is ridiculous !!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

This actually just happened to me today. I paid for advertising and received a few sales and my store was deleted with no explanation I don't understand. No email or anything. 

Everything done was completely legal and original I don't understand why they would delete my store with no explanation.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

I keep contact the support team and all I get is that you will hear from our risk team soon and its been a while now and nothing. This is stressful and can truly harm someone's business reputation. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

I had my store designed professionally on Shopify and ready to take my service business into the digital age, only to have Shopify delete my entire site without notice and then never deposit my customer payment money to me without any explanations. Business please be aware, they will take your money and never try to communicate with you. I will be talking to a few small tv networks to try and get Shopify to pay me MY money and also warn other businesses about their SCAM

3 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

I am being fed the same thing. I wonder why they are being so unprofessional about this? Makes no sense... this is very frightening. How many other successful businesses closed out the blue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

@RandomDeletion it really does make you wonder if those youtube reviews are just paid promotions because of this really unprofessional and I don't think we are the only ones they have done this to!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 2

Has anyone resolved this issue for you? I am on day 5 on waiting for a response as to why my site was deleted after I put sooo much work into it. I am so confused as to how there are so many stores and my first attempt at using this site, it is such a horrible experience. I received no email giving an explanation and the rep has given me no help as of yet. I'm hoping there is a way to retrieve the progress but when you request a password, it looks as though your account never existed. It's very odd.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

hi @hellosimmy 

No, they never resolved the issue and they never even gave me the money I from sales ($1500) nor refunded me for the subscription I had paid for (1 year). The customer service was no help either because they always said that it was not their department and to contact the risk team which you can not contact since the do not have an email or a phone number for that department. Just a terrible experience and horrible platform for business owners.

0 Likes