Shopify ecommerce platform

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0
Is Shopify for US based businesses only or can NON-US BASED merchants who want to develop an international online business use it as well? I get confused when I read some of the questions and replies that are posted here. I live in Trinidad. But that doesn't mean that I only want to sell to customers from Trinidad! So which payment processor companies will allow me to receive payments from any customer in the world? We are not allowed to operate Paypal merchant (business) accounts in Trinidad.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 117

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @RuC!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

To answer your question, Shopify is available for businesses around the world!

You're also welcome to sell your products to people in any country that you'd prefer, as long as you're following any regulations that exist for the products you have for sale. So, if you're based in Trinidad and would like to sell to people in Europe, Asia or anywhere else, you absolutely can! You'll just need shipping settings available for the countries you'd like to ship to.

This page here lists all of the payment gateways available in Trinidad and Tobago, that have an integration built in to Shopify. They will each have slightly different rules and options, so I suggest checking them out to see which would be the best fit for the business you'd like to set up! While, from my experience, most gateways will accept payments from customers worldwide, you'll want to chat with the one you choose to make sure.

Do you already have a business that you're hoping to take online, or are you looking to set up something entirely new? What kind of products do you have for sale?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
7 0 0

Doing ecommerce business using shopify is really great. I found a good blog regarding ecommerce business. Check this out.

“I want more sales this year.”

Yes. This is the dream of every ecommerce retailer.

Because, more sales = more satisfaction = happier entrepreneur = more opportunities.

And, you won’t like to let go of the opportunities of boosting revenue of your storefront. Wouldn’t you? Because eCommerce is a new normal with a plethora of opportunities for you. According to Statista, about 270 million Americans are going to make online purchases and it will lead to total spending of $548 Billion. The rise of ecommerce in the United States is even speedier than ever before.

Based on data from the U.S Census Bureau, the following chart shows that the effects of online shopping on total retail sales in the USA is still smaller than it is speculated. Only in the first quarter of 2019, e-commerce constituted about 10 percent of total retail sales – It is the first double-digit share for completely non-holiday quarter.

Read this full blog here..

0 Likes