Shopify email - sign up discount code

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

Can I use the built in Shopify email solution to automatically send out emails to new subscribers to a mailing list to provide them with a discount code? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 16 20

Hi @gwillo 

Eunice here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for posting!

From your message, it sounds like you're wanting to send an automated email containing a discount code to subscribers when they sign up. Is that right?

Automated emailing isn't a feature of Shopify Email just yet. I can confirm it's sitting fairly high on the feature request list though. We realize this is a huge need for our Merchants, and we care about that. With your help we could push this feature request even higher, would you like me to add your vote?

In the meantime, I recommend using a third-party app such as Seguno. It's free to use for the first 250 subscribers, and it allows you to send the following automated emails:  

• Coming soon - Build excitement about your upcoming store for pre-launch subscribers.
  • Welcome - Welcome new subscribers and introduce them to your brand.
  • Discount reminder - Remind subscribers of expiring discounts.
  • Abandoned checkout - Recover subscribers who abandoned a purchase.
  • New purchaser - Thank subscribers after their first purchase.
  • Repeat purchaser - Thank subscribers again after their second purchase.
  • Review request - Request subscribers review products recently purchased.
  • Lapsed purchaser - Win back subscribers who have not purchased in recent months.

There are a few other email marketing apps that do the same job which you can view here, but, I recommend Segno because I've used it myself and love it. They have an awesome support team too!

Let me know about that vote. 

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks @Eunice. Appreciate your quick response. Yes please do add my vote :). Looking forward to seeing this feature. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 16 20

@gwillo Wonderful. I have gone ahead and sent you an email to your community email address. I'll just need to grab a couple of details from you to add you to the feature request vote. 

Catch you there!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes