Shopify experts are trying to scam me

Ciardozzi
2 0 0

This is an ongoing story that is now going on for at least a month and it all started when the experts I had hired from experts.shopify.com had run out of time and had not yet delivered a single point on what we had agreed.

The first thing I did is ask for explanations, they reassured me that they would continue to work so I trusted them (very serious mistake on my part). So I waited another two weeks but still no progress at which point I asked them to stop anything and be given a full refund.

From this moment on I saw the world collapse on me, they claim that the work they delivered was complete and that I would have to pay the other agreed half. I didn't wait a moment and opened a ticket to the help center and here it gets worse .. after weeks of texting and replying between the help center and the expert the only thing I reached is a half complaint from the expert and a $ 50 credit from the service center.

This is why I turn to the community for advice from those who are more experienced than me, what can I do? is it really possible that the help center can't do anything about it? should i contact paypal directly to receive a refund?

I want to clarify that I have all the evidence of what I say and that there should be a full refund!

Thanks for any reply,
Giacomo.

0 Likes
Guleria
Shopify Partner
1471 303 420

Hello @Ciardozzi ,

If you paid them directly then it's better to contact PayPal. You can file dispute and get the refund.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com, Skype: navrocks1
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
0 Likes
Rein
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 5 3

Hi @Ciardozzi 

Rein here from Shopify. First off, I am sorry for your experiences so far. Not getting something you paid for can be a frustrating experience when it feels like their is no follow up. 

Right now the best thing to move forward with would be to talk with our partners support team internally, through the help centre here. Explaining what you have said here would help them understand what has gone on. Have you talked with them as well as paid them through the experts.shopify.com website also? That means we can review the interactions and provide support that best suits the situation. 

Can you tell me how you talked with this expert, was it through the experts website or through a third party service? How did you pay them? 

Thanks, Rein.

Rein | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ciardozzi
2 0 0

Hi @Rein ,

Explaining what you have said here would help them understand what has gone on

Yes, I did but I have not received an answer. I also opened various tickets via email using support@shopify.com, their response was that they could not do anything because the expert.shopify.com site is external to shopify.com (I'm wondering how is it possibile).

Have you talked with them as well as paid them through the experts.shopify.com website also?

I have paid them through shopify and reported the various problems via the experts.shopify.com website.

0 Likes
Rein
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 5 3

Hi @Ciardozzi 

Rather than sending an email I would recommend logging into the portal and choosing a method of contact there. We can liase with out partners team your behalf then. Yo can log in to the portal here.

Thanks, Rein

Rein | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes