Shopify for Service Businesses?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi - I am new to shopify and trying to create a platform for a service business I am starting.  I was wondering if Shopify is a good platform.  We would not be selling products, but services - like carpet cleaning.  So there would be a scheduling component etc..  If you dont think it is a good platform - anyhting you could recommend?  I am looking for a great consumer facing product with great backend marketing.  Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 79

Hey Askana, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

You can absolutely use Shopify to create an online store that sells services. There are plenty of people who use Shopify when it comes to selling things over than physical products. Check out this blog post to read more about that. 

As for your business in particular, what you would need to do is add an app to your store. Apps are like extra features that you can add when you need them. So in this case, when it comes to scheduling, check out these apps in our App Store:

Something good to note about apps is that they're mostly made by third-party companies, meaning they were made by developers outside of Shopify. So if you had any questions about the apps, how they work, how to set them up, your best bet will be to reach out to the company that made the app directly. You can see their contact information on the app's page. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Great - thank you!  Are there any websites you can provide that use shopify and are service oriented businesses?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 79

Hey again Askana,

When it comes to Shopify, due to our Privacy Policy, we don't like to confirm or deny if a store is using our platform. So I wouldn't be able to show you a list of applicable stores. That said, we do have some examples of stores that use our platform here, and while they don't necessarily sell a service you can still see how the platform works from a storefront perspective. 

Let me know if you have any other questions :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Askana!

I moved my service business to an eCom platform last year. Took a lot of research but I found this article https://www.beargroup.com/ib/whitepaper/ecommerce-platform-evaluation to be useful!

Best of Luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

What if the services offered require shipping a product being shipped back and forth, like repairs?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello. I am also starting a new ebusiness which is purely service driven & rental based, and B2B focused. Is Shopify the right platform for this in 2020?

Some essential needs include form filling, booking dates from a calendar, requesting quotations, approving a quote, check out and pay.

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

That's an interesting topic. I always wonder, could I use Shopify for business service like emop.co.uk where I could sell someone's working time. I'm thinking about the cleaning business, so this is important for me.

0 Likes