Shopify for fitness videos with membership or subscription payment

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I'm about to lanuch some online fitness videos. My question is if Shopify can handle this and if it's possible to set up a creditcard payment for either subscription or memebrship.

Some videos should be free others should be protected by the membership/subscription.

Finally are there any way to add algorithm to shopify? In other words based upon some question a plan will be created. Maybe a tricky one???

Regards

Henrik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
34 0 4

Hey Henrik!

Jared here from the Shopify Guru Team! :)

There are a couple of ways that you can get this done for sure. Shopify does offer the app Digital Downloads: https://apps.shopify.com/digital-downloads which lets you sell digital products to your customers. After a purchase they are e-mailed a download link which you can also customize so there's only X number of times they can download it. You can set the free videos to $0.00 as well for your free ones.

If you wanted to go more of the route with a 'members only' area there's the app LockSmith https://apps.shopify.com/locksmith which allows you to put any page you like behind an account wall. So this way you could host your videos and make it a members only area. That could be a little more convenient for your customers as you can find an imbedded streaming video service and the streaming video pages would be only accessible with membership via locksmith. 

Finally, for recurring subscriptions there's a myriad of services out there that allow you to collect payments on an ongoing basis. Recurring Orders is a great choice: https://apps.shopify.com/recurring-orders. If you search "recurring payments" in the app store, you will find qite a number of results. :)

Hope this helps!

Jared | @Shopify

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
122 0 7

That sounds great. I did not know you could do that! 

Tees by Aidan is a high quality clothing retailer made by and for people who want to stand out. We sell a wide variety of casual apparel designed for young adults. All designs are made by graphic designer Aidan Toole. Tees by Aidan is based in Philadelphia. www.teesbyaidan.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Jared,

Is this still relevant for 2020? Are there more options available today?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

While I also want to know if this is up to date info for 2020, I also have another question in this same category...
While Locksmith looks great, we want to know if there will be an option for us to charge a customer per month for a subscription to access to another page of our website for content we are wanting to provide customers. AND is there a way to customers to easily cancel if they want to or if there is a way for US to stop a customer from access if they aren't paying any longer?

Thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I would also like to know about how to sell a subscription to fitness videos on Shopify in 2020. I am about to set up a Vimeo account and would like to integrate the videos stored in Vimeo and sell them through Shopify. I believe Vimeo also has this option I am just not sure if I will need to link it to a separate website and then have the shopify website to sell other products, OR if I can have everything through my shopify site. 

0 Likes