Shopify forum questions posted in google search?

HDWT
6 0 0

Greetings

Now when performing a google search on my store, i see the shopify posts that display the issues im having with zero sales. Obviously i don't want potential customers seeing this, what do i do? In addition, still zero sales, despite utilizing all the suggestions i have been given. My niche and prices are good. Just don't get it.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
950 56 147

Hey, @HDWT.

Tira here from Shopify. I'm sorry to hear that about your store. It can be tough when starting your own store and not seeing sales overtime and I'm here to help. 

I looked at your profile and saw the topics that you've started. I see that you've received a lot of feedback from the community. Which of these suggestions have you tried on your store, and which of them do you still want to work on? 

I noticed you mentioned in this thread that you have 9000 visitors coming to your store, that's great! I recommend checking out our Beginner's Guide for Conversion Rate Optimization for some tips on how you can convert your visitors into paying customers. You may need to do some A/B testing, and add testimonials on your store, or create a conversion rate optimization experiment which is explained in our guide. 

I'm happy to take a look at hiding the posts that you don't want shown on Google. Can you confirm if it's just the two threads you've started that you want removed? I'll speak with our community team for you to help with this. 

How are you currently marketing your store? What is your niche?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
HDWT
6 0 0
Nice to hear from you.. I've tried all the suggestions. Happy to try
anything. Not sure a/b testing is. I think it's just the 2 threads.
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
950 56 147

Hey, HDWT.

Thanks for getting back to me. I've asked our community team to remove these threads from Google search results for you.

Glad to hear you’ve tried all the suggestions. A/B testing is where you compare two versions of a webpage to see which one performs better than the other. These versions are shown to two similar audiences at the same time. Eventually, the one that performs better and shows a higher conversion rate will be the webpage that wins, and may be the one you'd want to move forward with. I recommend giving this a try as you're already seeing lots of traffic come to your store, so that you have a big enough sample size to test this. This is mentioned in the blog post I provided earlier, under the "An introduction to A/B testing" heading.

Check out our complete guide on A/B testing here: The Complete Guide to A/B Testing: Expert Tips from Google, HubSpot and More to learn how to set-up A/B testing, how it works, and why you should use it for your business.

I also suggest looking into understanding your customers behaviour. Our Shopify Compass course, Grow Your Sales by Understanding Visitor Behaviour takes 24 minutes to work through and will show you how to organize your store to highlight high-margin products, engage with customers to better understand their needs and recognize the behavior of high-value customers to help you grow your sales. 

Once you’ve checked out the course and the resources I’ve sent, could you reply back to this thread to let me know what you’ve learned and how you will implement this on your store? I would love to be kept in the loop!

0 Likes
HDWT
6 0 0
Ty for all this and fixing the thread for me. Not sure I understand how
a/b test ing would be beneficial if I have zero conversions?
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
950 56 147

You’re very welcome, @HDV. A/B testing is designed to help you find out what about your webpage helps you convert more. I recommended it because you are seeing a higher traffic volume on your store and you mentioned seeing a few sales before in your post here. If you don’t want to move forward with A/B testing, I suggest looking at your customers behaviour as I mentioned earlier. Have you had a chance to start the Grow Your Sales by Understanding Visitor Behaviour Shopify Compass course?

Another suggestion I have is to work on enhancing the trust of your brand with your customers. Does your business seem trustworthy? Customers might feel uncomfortable with purchasing from a store that doesn’t have contact information or an about page with information on your brand and I noticed that your store does not have this listed. Check out our blog post on building customer trust with live chat, social media and tips on crafting your story to your content: Driving Traffic but No Sales? Here's How to Diagnose and Improve Your Store.

Take a look and let me know your thoughts!

0 Likes