Shopify has sent you $29.00 USD

imike87
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

I received an email from PAYPAL with the above title and following message

"Please see the enclosed partner payment for December 16, 2019 - April 14, 2020 from Shopify. Partner Payment: 29.00"

Is this true or a scam? Should I click on it?

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 124 170

Hi, @imike87,

Hank here from Shopify.

That very well could be a true email, if you are a Shopify partner. The quickest way to know if this is true is within your partner dashboard, you can click on payouts, and it will show you the payout date, and amount. You can click the payout for further information also.

Another way to see if this is a legitimate email is to access your PayPal account and to see if the payout is there for you.

If however, you are not a Shopify partner, this email would not apply to a Shopify store owner, and you should flag this email with PayPal. But I still would recommend clicking on the email once you confirm both your partner dashboard and your PayPal account. 

One thing to bear in mind is that Shopify would never ask for sensitive information via email.

Let me know how you get on with this, or if you have any further questions for me!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
imike87
2 0 0
Hello,

How would i access partner dashboard??

thanks
0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 124 170

Can you confirm if you are a Shopify partner? If you are, this would be the main tool that you would use to build stores for clients.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
bens
1 0 0

hey, Shopify also sent me this amount saying: "Please see the enclosed partner payment for January 3, 2021 - April 3, 2021".

Can you please tell me the reason why they sent me this amount and if I should do any action after receiving it.

Thank you

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
862 95 155

Hi @bens,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Could you confirm if you are a Shopify partner? In other words, did you sign up for the Shopify Partner program? If so, then that message could full well be real. As my colleague mentioned above, as a partner, you would have access to your partner dashboard where you confirm that you had indeed received a payout.

If you are not a Shopify Partner you will need to notify Paypal and block the sender of that email immediately.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes