Shopify help

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey guys!

I’m wondering why it now takes so long to receive any Shopify help.? Is any body else having issues with this?  I’m finding it very difficult to get in touch with anyone. When I do they say 3 working days they will email me but it’s now been 7days and no email.
One thing I loved about Shopify initially was the prompt help you received. Being able to speak to someone and have Shopify assistance at your fingertips with no delays or waits.
It has changed dramatically from what I’m experiencing now and this makes me concerned with Shopify moving forward.

I’m never one to complain but when trying to run a business and not getting the support you need is truly disappointing. 
Open to suggestions or ideas on how to get in touch with a real person. ?

Kindly,

L

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
69 2 24

Hey, @L_m222!

Thanks for posting your question in Shopify Community and connecting with our network. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I truly appreciate your feedback, and I can understand from a business owner's perspective it is crucial to be able to get support when you need it. Shopify prides itself on providing world class customer support and we invest a lot of time and resources into ensuring a rich merchant experience. With the impact of Covid-19 this year, we have been working tirelessly to continue providing that same support, whilst protecting Shopify staff.

The best way to get in touch with our team is through our 24/7 Help Centre. Through this link you can do the following:

• If a callback option is available, you will see it upon log in
  • You can email us directly
  • Open up a live chat (this is the fastest way to reach us)

Further to this, we offer 24/7 support on both Facebook and Twitter. Find us with the handle @ShopifySupport on Twitter or through our Facebook page. We typically respond to queries within minutes, and will have you connected with a support representative ASAP. 

Other ways to get support:

• Search our Help Docs - we have a doc for everything!
  • Community Forums - if you can't find your answer, connect with our network.
  • Shopify Status Page - is your store experiencing trouble? stay updated through our status page!

As we recover from these unprecedented times, we have all hands on deck around the clock to keep your business safe and growing. We appreciate your continued support, and we thank you for trusting Shopify to power your business. 

If you have any questions you would like to share with me here, please do so and I'd love to chat further.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Olivia yes I did try all of those options.

Please understand when I first signed up with Shopify the response time for any questions or help was faster than I have ever experienced. Same day service and someone to physically talk to on the phone, fast online chat also - the options were endless and I found that fantastic. So I guess after such service now to this I was in a bit of panic mode as I stared to read quite a few disappointed posts from other users.

Unfortunately it is very different now and I do understand these unprecedented times we are in so thank you for getting back to me.

I am still trying to get answers to a question asked nearly 3 weeks ago. I’m wanting to know what a Routing number is in Australia. You ask for a 6 digit Routing number. We have a BSB number that is 6 digits but the funds aren’t being deposited into my account, therefore that is not the number. When I phone my bank they tell me it is 8 digits and letters combined. If i put this in it is not accepted either. Where to go from here? I am still waiting on a response from the Shopify team via email. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
69 2 24

Thanks so much for following up with me, @L_m222.

I want to make sure you get the support you need with this, so I did some extra research to help you set up your bank account for Shopify Payments in Australia. You should be able to connect your account details through either:

- Bank State Branch number (BSB): 6 digits

- Account number: usually between 6-8 digits

It sounds like that wasn't working for you, so the next thing to double check would be that it is not a savings or other specialty account type. The reason being is that these accounts can cause issues with payouts and cause you to see an error.

I was able to follow-up with our Shopify Payments team on your behalf, and they have reached out to you via email. Can you please check your inbox and we can continue supporting you there?

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like