Shopify holding payment

Highlighted
2 0 1

I sold products on August 12, and Shopify charged the credit card of the buyers.  The buyers received shipment.  I have still not received payment as of August 28.  Typically how long does Shopify hold payment to the merchant?  It is unethical to hold payments for that long.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
873 75 100

Hi @shopcovill,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

After you have successfully set up your Shopify Payments account, pay periods should only take between 2-4 business days to action. This depends on your location but more information can be found here. Regarding the orders, I've outlined a few scenarios which might be the reason you have not received the payout:

• Can you make sure that the payment was received by Shopify Payments and not another gateway such as Paypal? This info should be listed within the timeline of the order in your admin
  • If the orders were placed using Shopify Payments; when you click Settings > Payment providers > View Payouts can you see a red banner in this section? If so, could you tell me what the red banner says?
  • Have you received an email from our Risk or Shopify Payments department? This email might be located within the spam, junk or social folder in your inbox. 

Please let me know how you get on and if you would like to chat with our support directly, please contact us here or here for imidate assistance. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes