Shopify is applying a 10% discount to all my products and I can't stop it. Any ideas?

1 0 0

Shopify has automatically applied a discount code called "Friday" to all my sales which is 10% off all products.  When I go through the front door of my sales site and checkout like a normal customer the 10% is automatically applied to all items.  I do use discount codes and I'm able to turn them on and off but not in this case.  I didn't create this "Friday" code and I'm unable to turn it off.   Attached is a screenshot of the discount code in the final step of checkout like you'd see as a customer.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 12.03.04 PM.png

On my shopify home page (or newsfeed) I see the box with discount code statistics for the last 30 days.  I'm able to see the sales totals in regards to each discount code, including ones I have made as well as the "Friday" code in question.  When I click on discounts I made, and allow customer use of, I'm taken to the discount menu page like normal where adjustments can be made to each discount code.  But when I click on the "Friday" code in this dashboard window I see "There's no discount code at this address" leaving me unable to make adjustments to it or turn it off altogether. screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 12.07.16 PM.png

Any help would be great!  

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
814 42 131

Hi, Dave.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

Thank you for taking the time to provide the details of what you’re experiencing and for posting your screenshots. I understand that you want to remove a discount code that’s being applied automatically at checkout, from your store. I want to shed some light on this and work through a solution together with you.

Discount codes can be automatically applied to a store’s checkout if a cart meets the conditions of an Automatic Discount. For example, if your customer adds one item, and can get a discount when another item of the same is added, the customer will receive a discount and see the discount automatically applied to their checkout. Automatic Discounts can be applied to give a fixed percentage, or fixed amount or allow the customer to receive a Buy X, Get Y discount. You can view the steps to see how these discounts are created in our help doc here: Creating an automatic discount

I’m not exactly sure what could be happening here, so I would love to walk through this together and I have a few questions to get us started:

• What is your store URL?
  • When did you notice this happening? 
  • Have you installed any apps recently or had coding customizations done on your store?
  • What products did you have in your cart? 
  • Does this happen only to you, or have customers reached out to you? How did you find out this code was being applied? 
  • Can I get you to walk me through what steps you took to find your second screenshot? 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes