Struggling to un-pause your online store too?

Whyme23
Visitor
3 0 15

I did not realize how many other people are dealing with Shopify’s trash customer service but I’m glad to know I’m not the only one. All I have been wanting is to un-pause my store which I am currently being billed for but all I keep getting is being sent in circles in a run around. This is so annoying and frustrating because all I want to do is have my customers be able to fulfill their orders but I can’t even have access. Why would you guys give us access to pause the store but not reverse it!!! It makes no sense. I’m so disappointed and dissatisfied I hope the next company I work with doesn’t have poor customer service like this. And judging by the amount of reviews talking about their poor service SHOPIFY DOES NOT CARE. I’m guessing they have enough money to not care. I hope this message reaches someone before they waste their money. 

Replies 22 (22)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Hi @Whyme23 

Rein here from Shopify. I am sorry to hear about your issues with getting your account up and running as well as for your experience with support so far. 

While I would not be able to check the specifics of your account here, you mentioned that you had interacted with Support before, do you have a Case ID you can share so I can check the status for you? 

You mentioned that you cannot un-pause your store, un-pausing your store is definitely something you should be able to do unless your store is restricted in some way. When attempting to log into your store, or attempting to sign into the Shopify Help Center you are shown an error similar to the following:

21-03-46268-87865

Possible causes of this can include:

- Selling a restricted product - Shopify Acceptable Use Policy.

- Possible violation of the Shopify Terms and conditions.

- Your Credit Card may have expired. 

More info on this topic can be found on our FAQ here. 

You were likely told already that our support teams are working on this, it does take some time, generally we advise 24-48 hours. As above, if you can provide a Case ID I can check this up for you. 

Thanks, Rein

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Bulxar
Shopify Partner
82 2 22

It can be

Whyme23
Visitor
3 0 15

@Rein 23293815 Hopefully support will listen to you because three employees have told them to attend to my case and nothing has happened so far. Thanks

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Hi @Whyme23 , 

Thanks for information. Apologies for the wait so far. I took a look at your case and routed it to the correct team as it was sent to the wrong team by mistake, they are aware of it now and reviewing it. They will reach out as soon as they have an update for you.

Thanks, Rein

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

DeanJung
Tourist
5 0 4

Go away

ihatethis2
Tourist
3 0 8

They won't. Leave as soon as you can.

Gorganzola
Tourist
3 0 6

Shopify is fraudulent. You pay for services in advance, which when they do not work, you cannot get a redund for. That is fraud. Customer service horrible, 48 hrs to get a simple email reply, NO phone support. Waste of time and money.

atmywitssend
Excursionist
15 0 7

I agree. I waited 2 weeks for a response which was useles. It has been 39 days and still no resulotion to Shopify Payments not linking with my bank. Every response thru CHAT is worthless, gives no useful information and just wastes your time. I am convinced they are just waiting for me to go away. I'm definately working on that. Shopify is ridiculous.

DeanJung
Tourist
5 0 4

In a similar case and the Customer Service, process time, progress.... and so on and so on.....  nothing works with Shopify. 

Even Amazon CS is muccccccccchhhhhhh better! way better!!! 

Shame on you guys. I think North Korean runs this company with Elon musk. 

Worst platform and customer care ever. 

katek
Visitor
1 0 6

Have been using Shopify for my business for years.. and am beyond disappointment by the disgusting lack of support they now supply. Shopify has REALLY gone down hill. They really make you work to get in-touch with them, then you have to wait for minimal support. It's honestly ridiculous and terrible. Shopify grew and just stopped caring. Nothing more to it. 

ihatethis2
Tourist
3 0 8

Shopify is a piece of crap.  There themes are not optimized.  Their platform is shit.  Their customer service sucks.  DO NOT USE this.

ihatethis2
Tourist
3 0 8

Their images no matter what size you use render like shit.  They say they have optimizes themes but not according to Google or any SEO expert.  It's a waste of $$. Ever noticed how difficult it is to leave a public review for Shopify???  I am so angry and so frustrated-  I build websites in WordPress and Wix - they are FANTASTIC - so pissed I didn't leave Shopify sooner. I blame Shopify 100% for hurting my business.  I hope they go bankrupt.  Their customer service lies. 

atmywitssend
Excursionist
15 0 7

I would have to agree. April 4th, 2023 I submitted a support ticket because I could not link my bank to Shopify Payments. It is now May 9, 2023. After being ignored for a couple of weeks they began responding with useless answers, no specifics, and no solutions. Worthless CHAT feature, all they did was make me repeat their demands over and over, or they just read the previous chat and tell me what I already know. Horrible, absolutely horrible. Do not use Shopify

ThisIsReallySad
Excursionist
35 0 4

It's crazy how so many peoples usernames reflect how they feel about shopify... message after message about their horrible support, and they don't care enough to fix it. Every platform I've went to that has a shopify section, it's the same thing... complaint about their useless support and lack of actually caring about the people who are paying them. I honestly regret ever getting started here. Now they have my money hostage, and I have no choice but to come back daily until it gets resolved. This place is bottom of the barrel.

RyanMH
Visitor
1 0 3

I have not been impressed.  The size of store that Shopify makes sense for seems to be shrinking by the year, particularly as AI continues to drive down the cost of developing your own custom backend.  My business partner and I own several ecommerce businesses that use Shopify and it is becoming clear that we need to be prioritizing transitioning them off of Shopify, which only becomes more difficult and costly the bigger your business gets.

cherrysensi
Visitor
2 0 3

Today was the last straw for me, i'm leaving shopfiy platform. Just Signed up for Bigcommerce. I don't know where to even begin. This platform was ok not the best but ehhh. Im using a 3rd party app that is authorized by shopify to sync products for my store, I had over 50,000 SKU's in the store. I deleted them all a few days ago in order to cleanup the duplicate skus, there were too many to do one by one so i said purge all my products and resync them. This is where i began to realized how horrible this platform is and subpar support is. Apparently Shopify limits you to api calls and variants you can add once you exceed that 50k limit, youre only allowed 1000 variants per day, at that rate it would take me a month and 20 days to reupload all my products.  There support suggested i get a app matrixfy which i have to pay for to increase my api limits by 300 percent, that was false. Shopify has variant restriction to 1000 a day. I was told to upgrade my plan to the shopify advance for 399 a month from my 99 a month plan and that would double my api calls capacity, again that was false to.  I been going at this for 3 days now and i have finally just given up on Shopify. Dealing with support reps that are incapable of helping is beyond frustrating, just needed what i paid for by upgrading my plan to the shopify advance and couldn't even get that.  The other option support said was to start a whole new store and import my data into there and there will be no restrictions limits in the beginning. Why should i do that? Just insanity, i have spent thousands of dollars on developing my store theme, images are horrible to size in shopify platform, you can't even generate a real sitemap without 3rd party apps, you can't do a damn thing in shopify without using 3rd party apps. They built this platform to focus on their ecosystem to keep you buying apps for the simplest thing such google merchant feeds or generating sitemaps or seo friendly apps. Shopify is always trying to push apps down your throat , apparently their "app store" is a huge money maker for them so they sell you a stripped down ecommerce platform that requires apps from their partners.  Lacks so many features that are standard with other platforms.  Good riddance, just so frustrating.  I wasted so much money on advertising, conversion apps and much more. It's just not google friendly or bing friendly their platform and they place too many data restrictions unless you want to shell out 2400 a month for shopify plus. 

Andycam
Visitor
1 0 4

Discovered today just how poor they are. No email contact, no phone just a useless webchat. Poorly trained advisors, who send you round the houses and give you out of date or waste your time. Looking for another platform that can at least take the time to help. Couldn’t even leave a negative comment on a Facebook advert because it didn’t accept negative comments, Shopify you  are a bad joke!

Crupellsr
Visitor
1 0 3

Shopify has proven to be a challenging experience for me, and I urge you to consider my story before opting for their services. For six out of the seven years my business has been operational, we used Wix for our website and E**ids for our online store. This combination was largely trouble-free. However, in January of this year, I made the transition to Shopify, which turned out to be a costly error, setting my company back by over $35,000.

About two weeks ago, Shopify sent a link asking me to verify my identity, holding funds until I complied. I promptly provided my driver's license, and the hold was lifted momentarily. Yet, just a week later, my account was frozen again for verification. I obliged, thinking it was a minor hiccup, but the hold persists.

Reaching out to their customer service — which, frustratingly, seems only accessible via chat with no apparent phone support — I communicated with a representative named Wendy B. She was courteous and looked into the matter. Apparently, my name appeared twice on the account, triggering the system's verification request. Although I had already verified my identity multiple times, Wendy informed me that the issue was now with the verification team, and she couldn't intervene further.

My growing concerns arise not only from the held funds but also from my ongoing financial commitments, including taxes, property mortgage, salaries, material costs, equipment installments, and more. Currently, Shopify is withholding $16,000 from my business, with no clarity on its release. Since joining Shopify, my company has achieved sales of 1.3 million, and throughout our operations, we've maintained a clean record.

Given this experience, I strongly advise against using Shopify. Not only do I find it expensive, but it also seems to require an additional app for most functionalities. Instead, I'd recommend sticking with Wix and pairing it with E**id. It might save you a lot of hassle.

ThisIsReallySad
Excursionist
35 0 4

I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible experience you've went thru, especially considering how much revenue you've brought thru the platform. How long did it take before the second hold was released?  I too was "verified" and good to go, then two days before payment they put my account on hold to verify the same information that they claimed they already verified. Support giving different answers and incorrect information as to what is going on. I've been told atleast 3 different reasons as to why my account is on hold.. I guess I'm supposed to just guess which one is the right reason.. if any of them are. I really wish I would of never made the mistake of bringing my customers here. Their lack of actually caring, while still charging you and taking your money is beyond gross. 

Razzelmussen
Visitor
1 0 2

I am having the same issue. It is far from user friendly to set up. I went to another platform which I now maintain but tried again to setup Shopify. It is very confusing. Can’t figure it out. I thought about all the costs, how hard it is to get a shop known, customers can’t just go to Shopify and look. For now I’m on another platform. It’d be better off to have an independent website and if I could do that I would not have come to Shopify. They failed to deliver any solutions or help. They cost a lot and are misleading about how easy and low cost it is! Beyond disappointed and feeling borderline on being scammed.

Chrispad
Tourist
4 0 0

It's more than their customer service. The sandbox they created is EXTREMELY limited. There are at least 5 competitors that are cheaper and better. The only thing Shopify has going for it is the shop app. Everyone uses that thing 

HTTPS
Visitor
1 0 0

Shopify generates so many junk links it's horrible. I feel like I'm fighting a windmill. I will never recommend Shopify to anyone.