Shopify keeps charging me $29 several times a month

nightraven94
1 0 0

Shopify keeps charging me $29 several times a month.  I deleted one bank account and it automatically started charging to another one of my bank accounts.  First I don't have anyone buying from my site, now I am hundreds of dollars in debt because of overdraft fees from being charged this $29.  I wouldn't care getting charged it if people came to my site and I was making sales to cover it.  I have not made one sale in months.  and I can't figure out how to stop it from charging me!  HELP!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 43 84

Hi, @nightraven94!

Sophia here from Shopify. It sounds like you want to keep your store running, so I'm happy to discuss driving traffic and sales to your store if that's the case.

To clarify, your Shopify subscription is billed every 30 days by default. Alternatively, it can be adjusted to an annual, biennial, or triennial schedule if you prefer. This subscription covers things like hosting your online store and storing your data, so it is not based on sales.

If you're not actively marketing and promoting your store right now, you can either pause your store and continue to work on it, or pause it and step away for a while. The Pause and Build and Pause plans reduce your monthly subscription to $9 USD to maintain your data until you're ready to sell again. If you don't wish to continue with a store, you can follow these steps to close. Closing your Shopify store will stop the subscription charges.

I'm interested to learn more about your business. Can you tell me a bit about what you sell, how long you've been running the store, and what kinds of marketing you've engaged in so far?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes