Shopify not working in latest version of Chrome

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

I have the latest version of Chrome, but when I try to open Shopify I get an error message saying I need to update to the latest version. It then shows the same version that I am currently running. I have cleared my cookies/cache/etc. Is there some other brainless fix that I haven't tried? Is anyone else having this issue? I've attached a screenshot showing the version of Chrome I am running with the error message in the window below. Thanks!

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there!

The current version of Google Chrome is Version 72.0.3626.96 which does appear to match what you have installed on your device. There was a recent change where Apple OS systems required that the user is on their most up to date version to properly run Chrome at it's the latest version. Are you using an Apple device by chance? Whether that answer is yes, or no, could you check to make sure your device doesn't have any pending OS upgrades that could be causing the issue?

Hopefully that works, however, if it doesn't let me know!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Yep! Updated my OS (Windows 10) and it works. I knew there must be an easy fix. Thanks! :)

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey There,

I have the latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15.14. Eversince this update, Chrome and Shopify aren't working properly. I can get into Shopify, but when it comes to adding products (such as digital downloads) to my store, it isn't allowing me to have access to all of the options that I have when using Safari. I can't use Safari because it keeps telling me to clear my cookies, etc. and I've done that and it still isn't working. Is there something else I can do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Mine is doing exactly the same thing as the persons above!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@katekate @Khrystina 

Thank you for letting me know! Could you tell me what version of Google Chrome you're using? The current version is Version 81.0.4044.138, which was released on May 5th, 2020. You can find this information in Settings/About Chrome in your Google Chrome browser. If your browser and iOS are up to date and you are still experiencing an issue, please let me know as I can verify the account to take a more in-depth look. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@Peter 

I'm using the version of Chrome that you mentioned (81.0.4044.138) and I'm getting an error screen showing:

"Due to unexpected technical problem, Shopify is temporarily unavailable. Please check back in a few minutes - we'll be up and running in no time.   …  What can I do? …   Please try again in 5 or 10 minutes by refreshing the page. If you problem persists you can contact Shopify support."

This has been the message for the last couple of days. Cache has been cleared. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am having the same exact issue and I am using the newest version of chrome as mentioned above. This really sucks because I have all my print settings set up to work with chrome and I've been forced to use firefox that does not have the same settings I use. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I have found the solution to this problem. It seems to be a Cache problem in old profiles of Chrome before the recent update on the 5th. What you have to do to solve this is go up to the profile picture in the upper right of chrome. click on it and hit "add+" to make a new profile. Once on the new profile log into shopify and you are now able to access the admin panel. I am so glad I can access it again and hope this helps many of you as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I should add that my business partner is using an Apple device and is able to use Shopify in Chrome without issues. I am on a Windows device. 

Adding another profile to Chrome is not a viable workaround for me, what with saved preferences, printers, bookmarks, etc. If it was a Cache issue, wouldn't it have been resolved when I cleared cache?

0 Likes