Shopify or Amazon to sell my book?

teenaarina
2 0 0

Hi all  

I'm new to Shopify. 

And am not sure whether to sell my own book on Amazon or Shopify.

Which one is better and why? 

Thank you!  

Tee 

0 Likes
Jayvin
Shopify Partner
132 17 30

Hi,

Amazon is the place for selling/buying books.

0 Likes
teenaarina
2 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Just to clarify,. are you saying Amazon is the best place to sell books? 

0 Likes
Jayvin
Shopify Partner
132 17 30

Hi,

Yes, personally I think Amazon is the best place to sell books. You can get some more ideas here.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1192 105 289

Neither is better, I've seen stores be more successful on Amazon and others more successful on their own site. It depends who your audience is and how you market to them.

It's fairly easy to set up both, so I would do this:

1) List your book on Amazon to take advantage of all the traffic there.

2) Set up your home base on a Shopify site where people can buy there as well.

I've heard something like Amazon giving higher commission rate for listing their exclusively. I'm personally not a fan of exclusivity because it's not the best for the customer, but that's something you'd want to look into before making the decision.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
RyanDuckland
Tourist
12 0 1

Amazon hosts 20,000 Sprinter trucks. Wow, I'm glad this news. The promotion of the Amazon delivery site is very noticeable. They develop every month, and their development is visible in every movement. Let's say this event demonstrates their seriousness in purchasing goods. I personally love their zeal and the way they try to build their shipping site and make it as popular as possible. Also on Amazon delivery site I love their design. Very nice background design. The delivery itself is very good, the goods arrive safe and sound. Try it for yourself, this Amazon site also has Vont.

0 Likes