Shopify order not showing order status

Natasha245
5 0 0

I have USPS tracking on my products and after the item was fulfilled, I didn't get any other order status. No out for delivery or delivered status. The item is now delivered and it still just shows fulfilled and nothing else so a delivered confirmation email won't get sent to the customer. As I said before, on the order page, it shows the USPS tracking number and I'm able to click on it and it redirects me to the USPS tracking page which says the item is delivered. How do I get that to change so the customer can get the tracking notifications? I am also using DSers as my fulfillment app by the way.

Replies 8 (8)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Natasha245,

In Shopify, the tracking status email notifications will be sent out when you fulfil orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Canada Post. So, you should be able to send the tracking status email to your customers since you are using USPS. I suppose this issue might be because of the app you are using for fulfilment. Do you mark the orders as fulfilled from the app or directly from the Shopify order dashboard? If you are using the app to mark the order as fulfilled, I would suggest you try doing this directly from the Shopify order dashboard for one of your orders and check if the tracking notifications are being sent. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Natasha245
5 0 0
On the shopify page the orders are showing that it is fulfilled so that’s
not the issue. Its after that it didn't show out for delivery or delivered.

gates_ja59
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Natasha245,

If orders are not showing in your Shopify reports then it may be that your payment gateway is still set in test mode. You can check this in the payment provider menu under ‘settings’ and ‘payments’ in the admin section of shopify.
Natasha245
5 0 0
It’s not in test mode. I had two people purchase items already.
Natasha245
5 0 0

It's not in the test mode. I've had two people order from it already.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @Natasha245 

Thank you for sharing this experience here in the community forums. I understand that your USPS tracking information is not updating within your admin, causing a chain effect of your customers not receiving their order out for delivery/order delivered emails. 

Upon investigation into this issue I can see that this has been a reported problem with the USPS integration and our developers have been investigating. What should happen is that when the tracking number is updated through the carrier the information should be pushed from their system to the order status in your admin. This push mechanism, and the integration of the tracking and fulfillment, is fully controlled by USPS so our ability to resolve this issue is limited. 

I have shared your feedback that you are also experiencing this problem with our developers so that the issue can be more thoroughly tracked. In the interim, you may need to manually send your order completed emails to your customers or look into a third party email app that can give you control over when and how these emails are sent. 

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Natasha245
5 0 0
How do i manually send the emails in Shopify? Also, do you know any good
third-party email apps?
PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Natasha245,

Sorry I missed out on this and I hope you would have found a solution to make your store all set! If not, you can look into the Shipment Tracking & Notify app that would help you send tracking notifications to your customers via email, whenever there is a change in order status from the carrier. The app also lets you create a "Track your order" page for your customers to track their order directly from your store. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping