Shopify payment gateway

Gmaltu
1 0 0

Hi

1- Is it possible to get a Shopify payment gateway for the resident of Turkey?

2- If I have a US (personal) tax number, can I get a Shopify payment gateway?

3- I reside in Turkey. Can I add payment via Paypal?

Thank you

Kamal

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1972 143 423

Hey, @Gmaltu

Shopify Payments is not currently available to store owners based in Turkey. However; if you are operating a business that you can provide operates from the United States, then we may be able to provide Shopify Payments for your store. In order to request Shopify Payments, you would need: 

1. Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  2. A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if you are an LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if you are a Sole Proprietor
  3. Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  4. Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing they are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address)
  5. A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

If you have all of the required documents, then I'd be happy to send your request up for further review. However; it is important to note that we can not guarantee you'll be approved to use Shopify Payments, even if you are able to provide the required documents. 

That all said, Paypal is not available for Turkey; however, our list here provides all available payment providers which you can use in your store to accept payments. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes