Shopify payment gateways now only available with business accounts?

3 0 0

I am about to finish my store, but strugling now in the payment gateway section.

Basically if I want to add my paypal account it automatically sends me to upgrade my paypal account to a business one.

Same for other gateways.. I have heard people have added their basic accounts in the beginning.. what is your experience?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 351

Hi @JOHNFUTURE,

Nick here from Shopify. 

To be able to use PayPal on Shopify it must be a business PayPal account and not a personal account. Shopify has a guide with how to set up PayPal for your Shopify store here

If you don't have a PayPal Business account with the email address you used to set up your store, then you can add your email address to an existing PayPal account or sign up for a new PayPal Business account with the same email address you used to set up your store. It doesn't cost anything to set up a business PayPal account either. You can see the steps on how to do this from PayPal in their YouTube tutorial below and the web page here:

Something to remember is that PayPal is a third-party payment gateway so this is something Shopify would not have any control or say over, the same would apply for all other gateways which aren't Shopify Payments.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

hi

try this 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/paypal/set-up-paypal

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes