Shopify payment: price rounding to the euro doesn't work?

Highlighted
18 0 0

Hi everybody, 

I just switched to shopify payment multi currencies and chose the option to round up prices. My shop is in USD. Rounding works from usd to all currencies except to euro. My prices in euros have decimals ...
Does anyone know what's going on?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Thanks for your message,

We use prestige template.  Whether in the template or in Shopify payment, the round price option is activated. 

Capture d’écran 2020-03-30 à 11.46.08.pngCapture d’écran 2020-03-30 à 11.52.12.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi @CharlesMex,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That does look very strange as to why it wouldn't do this for € only. Would you be able to try looking at this on a different device or browser and tell me if it's any different there? Could you also share a link to your store so I can take a look and check it from my end? It would be a huge help to troubleshoot this further for you. 

Shopify has a guide here about currency conversions and rounding. It could be worth disabling and enabling the feature again to check if that works. You can see the guide here. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the delay, I've just seen your response. You can access to our website : audette.co (there is password until the official launch - Bonjour01! - ) . 

You'll see that if you go to GBP the prices are rounded up but not the euros.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi @CharlesMex,

Thanks for sharing the info. I took a look and by any chance is this the Prestige them? The reason I ask is that I actually use the Prestige theme for my own store and had the exact same problem! I reached out to the Meastrooo team who developed the theme and Michael is great, got it sorted out for me and it works like a treat now. You can reach out to them directly from their support contact page here, and attach some images also like you did for me above and they will look into it for you. This is something which would be on the theme developers end as it is a feature built directly into the theme and not something Shopify developed. 

If this is not Prestige or a Maestrooo theme can you let me know which theme it is, please? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Thanks @Nick  but after having investigated with Mickael (I use well the prestige theme) and the shopify technical team . It's absolutely not a mistake of the theme. It's shopify that doesn't know how to round euros because the decimal is a comma and not a point. They spent hours searching and realized that. The only way to solve this bug according to them is to subscribe to shopify plus. Moreover by intervening on my website they removed the currency symbols without doing it on purpose. I had to insist with another technician to solve this. We just switched to shopify and I'm already disappointed!

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

source: 

" Kevin here again from Shopify! I hope you're doing great today!

I was able to review what the Theme developers have said about the concern. I had it checked again by our Technical team and I also reached out to our own Theme Support about this.

Upon checking by both our Technical team and our Theme Support, it seems that this was a natural behavior for Shopify Payments when it comes to rounding up prices in different currencies. For EUR, since it was using a comma (,) as the decimal separator instead of a period (.), the system is unable to recognize that as decimals and have it rounded up.

Although flexible rounding up rules are available, but currently being offered only for Shopify Plus plan which is at least $2000/month. "

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Thanks for getting back to me and giving this information @CharlesMex.

This does look very strange for sure. I'm going to have our higher-level theme support team take a closer look into this for you as you have the rounding feature enabled but then it is not rounding. I will contact you directly on the email you used to sign up for the community with about this. If for any reason you don't receive an email can you let me know in a reply here, please? Talk to you soon. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

How did you solve it? We have the exact same problem with our site.