Solved

Shopify payments and payouts on hold

Jennka
Visitor
1 0 0

I have recently changed my bank details and started setting Shopify payments. But, the first thing I've got was  "Your Shopify Payments account is on hold" and "Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account". I have tried to contact Shopify support and has been impossible, giving me just the option of writing my case in the community. This has been since Tuesday and still not changes into my shop. What am I going to do now? for how long is going to be this?

Accepted Solution (1)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Jennka!

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you. Can you see any red or orange banners on the home screen of your admin section after you log in? These banners usually flag what the issue can be with your Shopify Payments account. Do you see anything asking you for additional information? If you weren't sure, you can take a screenshot of the top of your homepage and I can help you with identifying what the banners mean! For example, this is a banner I see when I log into my own test store:

29-36-l89rl-jja31

This banner means I'd need to enter my VAT details in order to use Shopify Payments. If you have something similar, you can click 'Enter VAT number' in that banner & you will be directed to the Shopify Payments settings page where you can update your details. If you don't have a VAT number at the moment, you can click 'I don't have a VAT number' here:

29-52-4q9ev-v7psz

If you do get a VAT number in the future, you can always add it in again!

29-52-u93va-k0da1

This example above is just for missing VAT information! Can you see something similar in your admin? 

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Jennka!

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you. Can you see any red or orange banners on the home screen of your admin section after you log in? These banners usually flag what the issue can be with your Shopify Payments account. Do you see anything asking you for additional information? If you weren't sure, you can take a screenshot of the top of your homepage and I can help you with identifying what the banners mean! For example, this is a banner I see when I log into my own test store:

29-36-l89rl-jja31

This banner means I'd need to enter my VAT details in order to use Shopify Payments. If you have something similar, you can click 'Enter VAT number' in that banner & you will be directed to the Shopify Payments settings page where you can update your details. If you don't have a VAT number at the moment, you can click 'I don't have a VAT number' here:

29-52-4q9ev-v7psz

If you do get a VAT number in the future, you can always add it in again!

29-52-u93va-k0da1

This example above is just for missing VAT information! Can you see something similar in your admin? 

Speak soon!

Ava

KayyBeautyy
Tourist
5 0 1

I’m having the same problem please help I try to contact Shopify but it’s so impossible, 

I need to change my DOB I accidentally put the wrong DOB could u change it to 05-06-1965 "Your Shopify Payments account is on hold" and "Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account". I have tried to contact Shopify support and has been impossible, giving me just the option of writing my case in the community. I need to change my DOB I accidentally put the wrong DOB could u change it please to 

Abba
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I have a problem. On my dashboard I see.

"Your Shopify Payments account is on hold.

Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments."

Nobody has reached out to me to try and get any information and all my efforts to get help have been futile

Please what can I do to rectify this problem?

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hey, @Abba!

I can see Bo has replied to you on this thread here, so he can help you from there. I'm sure you can work together to get this resolved soon!

Ava

Dorothy1
Visitor
2 0 1

Did you manage to fix it, I'm going through the same thing

Abba
Visitor
3 0 0

No, not yet. I need to get a new payment gateway.

amd1721
4 0 0

My account has been on hold for 3 days now. I have not received any emails regarding ID verification requests etc, and the banners are very vague. There is no way to contact ANYONE and I'm getting extremely frustrated with this site. 

PLEASE HELP!

amd1721_0-1612752517786.png

Dorothy1
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey, 

I had a similar problem I didn’t know how to get in touch with them until I watched this video and I did exactly what they did and I got in touch their customer service via chat. 

https://youtu.be/Gg7ACi6QMXA

That’s the link check it out and someone should be able to help you