Shopify profit margin calculator

labelbyh
Tourist
18 0 3

Hello,

Shopify profit margin calculator numbers does not match if I manually calculate profit. Does it takes into account any other cost while calculating the profit?

Thanks,

Label By H

Replies 5 (5)

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi Label by H - if you're looking for an easy way to calculate your profits that takes into account a broader scope of costs/expenses, check out BeProfit - Profit TrackerIt's a free app that gives you a dashboard to track and analyze your store's profits and expenses (including production, shipping, marketing costs, and more). BeProfit will help you focus your effort in order to maximize your Shopify store's profit.

TCA50
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Label By H,

Were you able to get an answer to your question? I also input my pricing into a manual formula and got different results. So I was also wondering if Shopify considers other costs when calculating the margin %

TCA50

PublicApps
Shopify Partner
146 5 34

It can be a bit tricky to calculate margins, you have to know when to subtract VAT and discounts, etc.

If you'd like to calculate how much you'll earn on an average order, or an order of specific products, you might want try the Draft Profit Margins app.

calculate-shopify-profit-margins.png

Public Apps | Theme customization & App development
 - Was my reply useful? Like it to let me know!
 - Did I answer your question? Please mark as Accepted Solution.
 - Need more help? Contact us.

ThomasG
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi,

You might want to check out Shopify's Profit Margin Calculator here: https://www.shopify.com/tools/profit-margin-calculator

In general gross margin is calculated this way: Gross Margin Formula ( In Percentage Form) = (Net Sales – COGS) * 100 / Net Sales

And when I look at it in my Shopify that pretty much matches the numbers Shopify calculates.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

OneCommerce
Shopify Partner
253 19 108

Hello @labelbyh ,

We are OneCommerce - an eCommerce Solution Platform.

In general, the profit margin calculation involves subtracting your total costs (including the cost of goods sold, shipping, and any other expenses) from your total revenue, and then dividing the result by your total revenue to get a percentage. To calculate all that cost, we have an app called TrueProfit can help you track every cost in a dashboard.

Hope this can help.

Regards,

OneCommerce team.

OneCommerce - The Ultimate eCommerce Solution Platform
We offer 12+ solutions to help increase traffic, maximize conversion rates and generate better revenue for more than 500,000 eCommerce merchants worldwide.

Get know us at: Website | Blog | FAQ | Contact us