Shopify question

29 0 0

I want to make store in shopify and use aliexpress dropshipping. I would like to know how look like what information I need to write on my website so that the customer knows that he is buying in the dropshiping model.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 26

Hi, Tommax. 

Leon here from Shopify Support. 

When you're setting expectations for the customers who are shopping on your site, it's recommended to let them know that you're dropshipping, or having the products shipped directly from the supplier and be very clear on how long the expected shipping times so customers know what to expect. This will help you build trust with the buyer, and while explicitely saying you're dropshipping may not be necessary, if you were to misrepresent and say you handle all shipping and returns, you could suffer brand image problems if customers were to find out when they receive a package from China. 

As long as you stay honest, and never misrepresent your business, the level of transparency outright on dropshipping is up to you.

I hope this helps. 

Have a great one! 

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
29 0 0

Only I ask more about the details, not about the general. I know that I need to inform the client but if I add a note, for example in privacy policy is enough?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 26

Tommax,

Having a note about items coming direct from manufacturer in your Privacy Policy and Refund Policy would be sufficient here, and whether or not you use the term "dropshipping" is completely up to you.

I'd like to still recommend that you inform customers of the expected shippings times elsewhere in your store (such as product or cart page) so they have a clear understanding of what to expect.  Having this information presented proactively and in a clear location will reduce the changes of a customer issuing a chargeback for an item not received when it's being shipped. 

Leon  

0 Likes