Shopify "Server Error" when trying to create and save new products

tin1
1 0 1

Hi there everyone,

We've been experiencing issues on our store for a few days now where the error message "Server error" is displaying once we have created to save a new product.

Does anyone know what this is due to?

Thanks,

Tin.

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 81 113

Hey, @tin1.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

There was an issue, which started a few days ago, where creating a product with images was leading to an error. However, our developers have implemented a fix for this.

With that said, is the issue still persisting on your end? If so, does clearing the cookies and caches for your browser help resolve the issue?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Beetle
2 0 1

Hi there,

this problem is still existing, and it is terrible to work like that, taking away precious time. It happens when creating a new product but also when duplicating a product. We have on top of that encountered errors when deleting a product each time.

All these little errors created a massive waste of time and really disturbs the work flow!

When will this finally be fixed please?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 81 113

Hey, @Beetle.

Sorry to hear that you're still running into these errors. When this thread started back in late October, there was a known issue and our developers have resolved it since. However, If you're still running into this problem, can you confirm if these issues persist after clearing your browser's cookies and caches?

If the issue persists, I'd be happy to loop in our Technical team and take a closer look at your account. I'll also need to gather a bit more information for the troubleshooting - Can you confirm which device(s) and browser(s) you're using? Also, can you share an example (ie. screenshot/recording) of the errors when creating, duplicating, or deleting a product?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes