Shopify "Server Error" when trying to create and save new products

tin1
1 0 1

Hi there everyone,

We've been experiencing issues on our store for a few days now where the error message "Server error" is displaying once we have created to save a new product.

Does anyone know what this is due to?

Thanks,

Tin.

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @tin1.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

There was an issue, which started a few days ago, where creating a product with images was leading to an error. However, our developers have implemented a fix for this.

With that said, is the issue still persisting on your end? If so, does clearing the cookies and caches for your browser help resolve the issue?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Beetle
2 0 1

Hi there,

this problem is still existing, and it is terrible to work like that, taking away precious time. It happens when creating a new product but also when duplicating a product. We have on top of that encountered errors when deleting a product each time.

All these little errors created a massive waste of time and really disturbs the work flow!

When will this finally be fixed please?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @Beetle.

Sorry to hear that you're still running into these errors. When this thread started back in late October, there was a known issue and our developers have resolved it since. However, If you're still running into this problem, can you confirm if these issues persist after clearing your browser's cookies and caches?

If the issue persists, I'd be happy to loop in our Technical team and take a closer look at your account. I'll also need to gather a bit more information for the troubleshooting - Can you confirm which device(s) and browser(s) you're using? Also, can you share an example (ie. screenshot/recording) of the errors when creating, duplicating, or deleting a product?

0 Likes
Kaymhatch
1 0 0

I am having this same exact issue in April 2021. Have reached out to and spent a long time on the phone with support about it with no fix. I can’t clear my history and cache every single time I load a product. This is super frustrating and like OP said, so time consuming. 

Any updates to this issue? Using google chrome on brand new Microsoft surface laptop. 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @Kaymhatch.

Welcome to the thread!

I've taken a look at our status page and I'm not seeing any reported issues with the admin or with creating products. While I can understand that having to clear the cache every single time is not a solution; however, there could be other factors that could be leading to the problem. In order to identify where the issue might be coming from, we can try isolating the issue. Can you confirm if the issue persists using different browsers? Or, does the issue persist on other devices? 

If the issue is only happening on one device or one browser, then it's possibly a localized issue. For localized issues, I'd recommend clearing the cookies and caches as well as resetting your Chrome settings to default to see if the issue can be resolved. However, if the issue is persisting across different devices, then this is something that our Technical team will need to take a look at. Though we're unable to provide account-specific support on the Community Forums, as we aren't able to authenticate merchant accounts. However, our Support team would be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I hope this points you in the right direction to get help for this issue. If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

iansabeautie
1 0 0

im also experiencing this error when i click on product review app when attempting to add to my shop 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @iansabeautie.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I've tested the Product Review app in my test store and I didn't encounter any errors during the installation process. Does the issue persist after clearing your browser's caches? Or, can you check if the issue persists on a different browser or device?

If the issue persists across different browsers or devices, then this is something that our Technical team will need to take a look at. Though I'm unable to take a closer look at your account, as we're unable to authenticate merchant accounts over the Community Forums. However, our Support team would be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. To create a support request, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account.

I hope this points you in the right direction to get help with Product Reviews. If you have any other questions, simply get back to me here!

0 Likes
BrianFC
1 0 0

This "server error" issue has been plaguing us for the last two weeks. I have to close the draft completely and re-open it from the draftlist which is causing major problems and frustrations while building orders with our customers. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing and is making us look unprofessional. Is there any light at the end of this tunnel? 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @BrianFC.

Thank you for joining the thread!

Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this issue for the last two weeks. Our developers have rolled out a fix for this issue and the issue has been reported as resolved. However, to make sure that your browser receives the fix, you may need to clear your browser's cookies and caches. Just to confirm, did you get a chance to clear your browser's caches? Also, does this issue persist on any other browsers or devices?

If the issue persists, then it looks like we’ll need to take a closer look at your account in order to resolve this issue. While I'm not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, as we aren't able to authenticate merchant accounts this way. Nevertheless, our Support team would be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. To create a support request, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account.

I'd love to know if our Support team can help you get to the bottom of this issue. Let me know!

0 Likes