Shopify's 14 day free trail

jb-shop-owner9
3 0 0

Does Shopify's 14 day free trail require anything more than just an email address?

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 102 127

Hi, @jb-shop-owner9!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query!

Shopify only asks for your email address and your billing address when signing up for a 14-day free trial. Payment is not required unless you want to continue with Shopify after the free trial ends. If you select a plan during the free trial, you won't be charged for anything until your free trial ends as well. Our payment plans can be found here if you would like to take a look and a great breakdown on how we charge can be found here too. 

Have you a store with Shopify at the moment? What type of store are you hoping to set up? 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KDOBBY
7 0 0

I'm currently on trial, upgraded a plan and purchased a theme yesterday, does that mean the features are not enabled until the free trial ends?

The reason I ask, I uploaded the logo in the checkout section and I don't see a checkout page to preview in the purchased theme.

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 102 127

Hi @KDOBBY,

The checkout is not available if you have not selected a plan and you're using just a free trial, however, the checkout will become available once you select a plan. So if you select a plan today, you won't be charged for anything until your free trial fully ends and you will have access to the checkout. 

Going by your description, you have already selected a plan so you shouldn't be seeing a trial checkout error. Would you be able to share an example of the error with me here and I'll take a closer look? If you could share a screenshot or share your store's URL with me here I'd be happy to take a look. 

Many thanks, 

0 Likes
KDOBBY
7 0 0

Hi @Ted 

Thanks for your reply.

I contacted my theme to check it out, apparently, there was no active product. When added a product the checkout page is working.

0 Likes
jb-shop-owner9
3 0 0

Thank you so much. So shopify requires only an email address and billing address for the trial?

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 102 127

@KDOBBY Ah perfect! It sounds as though you were able to access the checkout so. You are correct as well, you would need to add a product to the cart first to access the checkout. If you need assistance with anything else, please let me know! 

@jb-shop-owner9 Yep, that's correct. We only require a billing address and an email address to set up the initial account and there's no limit in regards to how many trials you can create. This is a great way to trial the platform first to understand Shopify's set up and to see if Shopify will suit your new business venture. You're welcome to sign up for a trial here anytime and we also offer a free Getting Started with Shopify course here if you would like to sign up. What type of store are you hoping to set up? Have you sold online before? 

0 Likes
jb-shop-owner9
3 0 0

How can I check if I signed up for a plan in the past?

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 102 127

Hi @jb-shop-owner9,

It's not possible to view this information unless you have previously paid an invoice and our support can help you with this. Have you signed up for an account before? Are you trying to re-open a closed store? If so, I can review the account with you and possibly add another free trial to the account. Alternatively, you can create a new account by signing up for a 14-day free trial here

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. As well our Support is available here anytime, 24/7. Just click Support > Contact Support in the main menu or our Facebook and Twitter support are available too if you would prefer. 

Many thanks,

0 Likes