Shopify set up for sales from different countries

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all,

Already have an eshop for European market on another platform but find Shopify better for my case.
Right now I'm trying to figure out the Shopify configuration I need to do to set up shop sales from the US and from Europe under the same roof.

Input data is:

• Two companies, one in Europe and one in the US, working independently with sales and orders
  • I want one eshop admin interface
  • For US orders: Add sales taxes and shipping costs (per state), send payment to US bank account and orders to US company email
  • For European sales: Add VAT and shipping costs (per country), send payment to European bank account and orders to European company email

I assume it isn't very complicated and only is about creating two different channels but I cannot find any info about it, probably because I don't know the right terminology ;)

Thank you for your help
/Pär

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey Pär,

Shopify actually already has the functionality you're looking for built into their systems. If you click on the Settings Button near the bottom of your admin panel it will take you to more advanced options to setup your store. From there you can click on the Shipping and Taxes buttons respectively to set them up the way you want. You should start by setting up the shipping first, as it feeds data into the taxes section which will help you when you input that information.

Good luck with the store!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you Jesse, I looked into this but couldn't really find how to set it up.

I have two different shipping addresses, one in the states and one in Europe. It also means I have two different companies, i.e. the European company with its own bank account and shipping address selling to European customers and the US company with its own bank account and shipping address selling to US customers. I probably just missed something here but could you guide me to where I set up the different companies from the common admin interface?

Really appreciate your help!
/Pär

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10006 116 1818

@Pär Linder - You'll want to set up two accounts. Shopify may offer a discount for the second store should you ask.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@Jason - Thanks for this info!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 2

Shopify is generally used in all the countries, it is a best and easy to use ecommerce software. It is very powerful ecommerce software which include most of the things needed to create online store. 

http://dealsalert.co.uk
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Pär,

I am looking for the same exact configuration:

A shoe company in US and Europe; each has their own bank account, separate email, and separate shipping info.  I'm hoping for one online store where American customers can order shoes and the American supplier will receive the order and ship within America, while an European customer will go to the same exact website and the European supplier will receive the order and ship within Europe.  All the products are the same no matter what country, shipping info will change depending on location (obviously). 

I'm curious what your final desision was?  Did you have to make two separate websites?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Yuki1 and Pär.  I'm curious if either of you had success?  I'm trying to solve the same issue and would love to understand what you found to work well.

Thanks!

0 Likes