Shopify speed

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi

Hope you're well.

I have a store that seems to be running abit slow in terms of speed tests, works fine for me on WiFi but I'm going off the speed test results seen here.

I wondered what your thoughts were and who would be best to help me improve my speed

Thanks
Mark
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
It says 4.2 seconds loading time on 4g and around 8 seconds on 3g

I can provide more details of needed

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
747 58 165

4 seconds on 4g isn't too bad. Less than 3 seconds is achievable, 2 main factors:
1) How optimized is your Shopify theme.

2) The load time of your store facing 3rd party apps.

My team has optimized hundreds of Shopify sites, collected and organized data into benchmarks: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-performance-benchmarks. That can give you some insight where you stand and where you can go.

For the factors above, you can check / solve #1 with the Shopify Analyzer - a free tool we built for the Shopify community. For #2, this is a preference and a balance. Each store facing 3rd party app will usually add to load speed. You can mitigate that by hard coding app features directly into your theme (if applicable).

I don't recommend uninstalling apps just to gain speed - if they're producing revenue and engagement they're helping your business... so my recommendation is focusing on theme optimization first.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes